Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Anyone use the Carter Quikie Release? >

Anyone use the Carter Quikie Release?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Anyone use the Carter Quikie Release?

Old 08-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone use the Carter Quikie Release?

Just trying to find a new hunting release and this one caught my eye. Anybody use it and do you prefer the Quikie 1, Quikie 2 or the Quikie+ versions?
Thanks
Old 08-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone use the Carter Quikie Release?

I shot the Quickie 1 for a while, but settled on the Chocolate Addiction. If you prefer a wrist strap release, you should be very happy with one. They have excellent triggers and enough adjustment with the I.T.S. to keep anyone happy.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:58 AM

Yah rdy, same with me. Started with a Carter Quickie 1 release, and ended up with a Carter Chocolate Addiction four finger. I liked everything about the Quickie except for the fact that it severly cramped my thumb. After the first few times I shot with it, the next day I kept noticing my thumb felt almost sprained. Not sure why, tried loosening it up, tightening it up etc., and nothing helped. Must just be something with my hand positioning. The breakaway is exceptional on the Quickie release, and you lose very little draw length with it over a thumb release. I am just finding that I prefer the thumb style release. If maximizing draw length is important to you, then something like the Tru Ball Short-N-Sweet S1 might be to your liking.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just started using the 1+ this year. I really like it so far. I was using the Chocolate Lite and still use that for target shooting. For hunting I just wanted a wrist style. I still have not decided if I shoot it better with the heavy springs or the lighter springs.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the responses guys! Still want to know more about them though. I'm also intrested in the Short n Sweet so if anybody has one please tell me how it is.
Thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Illinoisbow,
I shoot a Quickie 1, and have for the most part really liked it. I really like the "hook" instead of jaws. My wife uses a Scott little goose (i think), and I tried it out quite bit when she first got it and did not like the clamp type jaws at all. To me it is much slower to get set up for a follow up shot (yeah I know just don't miss right?).
My one complaint with it is that it doesn't always reset for me. I have to manually reset it sometimes, but now I am in the habit of touching the "hook" closed after every shot, it is amost a sud conscious act.
hope this helps in your choice.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bitterroot21

Illinoisbow,
I shoot a Quickie 1, and have for the most part really liked it. I really like the "hook" instead of jaws. My wife uses a Scott little goose (i think), and I tried it out quite bit when she first got it and did not like the clamp type jaws at all. To me it is much slower to get set up for a follow up shot (yeah I know just don't miss right?).
My one complaint with it is that it doesn't always reset for me. I have to manually reset it sometimes, but now I am in the habit of touching the "hook" closed after every shot, it is amost a sud conscious act.
hope this helps in your choice.
Mine doesn't reset either. I pretty much do the same as you and most of the time I don't even realize I do it. The hook is what makes it so nice to me. I was using the Winn Free but it was a pain to connect to the D-Loop.

As for the Short N Sweet my wife has one and loves it. I actually liked hers and that is how I found the Quickie 1+. I wanted the adjustment for me that that SNS does not have. They are both very nice and I think you would like either.