Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Carter Two Shot release. >

Carter Two Shot release.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carter Two Shot release.

Old 07-28-2003, 08:32 AM
Spike

Default Carter Two Shot release.

Based on what I have read, I believe the Carter Two Shot release is just what I need - short draw length, reliable, etc. - however, I can' t find a local shop to buy one from.

1 - Does anyone have any experience with this release?

2 - Can anyone recommend an online source to buy this release from?

Thanks for any insight,

Mike
Old 07-28-2003, 10:33 AM

Default RE: Carter Two Shot release.

Although I haven' t handles one of those yet, I would still go as far as to say that is probably one of the best wrist style " hunting" releases available (as would be the oneshot). Great choice. It is a shame we can' t always try before you buy but I don' t think it will be a risky move to order on of those in. Great choice. You could search online and find some carter dealers that could hook you up. You might keep your eyes peeled here http://205.214.73.218/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=8. This release was available for a few short days http://205.214.73.218/vb/showthread....threadid=27026

Everything I have recieved from buying there has been like expected. There are a lot of trustworthy sellers there.

Good luck and let us know what you think of the 2 shot when you get it.

-Chief
Old 07-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

I can' t comment specificly on the Two Shot, but I own a One shot, and it is hands down the best wrist style release I have tried. The trigger is just awesome (no takeup or creep). I have a number of firearms with custom triggers and the One Shot is every bit as smooth as they are.

As a comparison I also tried the TRU Ball Short-N-Sweet. I liked the release but the trigger was not anywhere near as smooth as the one shot and I assume two shot trigger.

It is one of the few wrist releases I have been able to find that you can fire with BT

You will not be disappointed.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:23 AM
Spike

I' m just going to order directly from Carter. I see that this release comes in either Velcro or a buckle wrist strap. Is there any real functional or comfort difference between the two?
Old 07-31-2003, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

I have the velcro strap on my release. It is pretty comfortable. There is a plastic snap together buckle on the strap that should allow you to keep the size consistent from use to use. As for the buckle, I have not tried one, but I would imagine that it would work pretty well.

For me, the buckle type straps seem to dig into my skin a bit more than the velcro types.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:41 AM

I have to back-up 98redline on this 100%. My one-shot has the buckle strap and I would say it helps with consistency but where it sits on the strap gave me a blister at first, now I have a callous there from shooting it so much. I was a scott shooter for a while but nothing compares to a carter.
TJ