Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Blazer vanes

Old 07-21-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Blazer vanes

thinking about putting the blazer vanes on my easton axis arrows....anyone else tried them yet? any differences between the standard vanes? how bout flight at longer distances?
Old 07-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Blazer vanes

Blazers are very good vanes, but it all depends on your set up, if you use a WB, they are one of the best.
I'm shooting small 2" vanes and they work well with field points, the blazers however keep the broadheads flying straight.

here's some pics;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69041177@N00

F.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not only have many folks already tried them but most bowhunters I know have used them for the past few seasons. There simply isn't much a reason to really shoot any full length vanes or feathers these days with the Blazers avaliable.

These are my Blazer equipped 3D arrows

Old 07-22-2007, 02:22 PM

Blazers work great for me as well, they are very tough, and they do steer fixed blade broadheads just fine. I shoot Magnus 2 bldsand Muzzy 3 blds, and blazers work fine. All white 2" blazers

Old 07-22-2007, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: gnarly

thinking about putting the blazer vanes on my easton axis arrows....anyone else tried them yet? any differences between the standard vanes? how bout flight at longer distances?
No. Nobody here uses them, or has even heard of them.... Just jokin around a little man.....They obviously work or most manufactures wouldn't have them as an alternate fletching option.....Instead of just your standard 4" vane, you can get them w/ Blazers now as well. Blazers are probably one of the biggest, fastest growing rages in archery right now.

I can hit a 2" square at 60 and 70 yards w/ Blazers. They work extremely well.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:58 PM

gotcha....whats the deal with the wraps that have the fletchings already on them? seems like everyone on t.v. has this...is it so they can follow the arrow on camera since most of the wraps are white? What are the pros / cons?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

shrink fletch is what your talking about, yea i saw a guy usin em on tv also, they are fletched straight though, but i read that u can twist them somehow to get an offset but the offset wouldnt be the same on all the arrows, i would definatly try them if i had some
Old 07-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea i decided to make the switch to blazer as well, my brother has them and they fly so much quiter than my Quickspins. The quickspins make all this freaking noise in the air and they look like crap after only having them a week. Blazers it is for me this year!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:05 AM

Shrink fletch, IMO, is a neat idea but not very practical. They are very easy to install, that's the good part. BUT, let's say you tear a vane and need to replace just one vane.....Those things are expensive, and since you can't replace just one vane you'll have to replace the whole thing......On top of that, they are quite heavy.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:16 AM

I went to bass pro a few months ago to get some archery equipment and left witha 200.00 bill. I did purchase a set of shrink fletcha and they are easy to install. I just wanted to try blazers and that was the easiest way i found to do so. I like them so far and they dont shoot as good with field points as they do with the G5 strykers on the end. But if I shoot the 4" vane with field points the blazers and the G5 shoot like the field points.
Im happy with them so far, the only bad thing is that it is very hard to get the wrap clear to the end of the arrow, when it shrinks it seems to always shrink about a 1/8" down the shaft no matter how much you extend the wrap before dipping it into water. I like them because they are convenient and would probably buy more for that reason and you can see the white wrap when its going down range.