Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 BOWTECH... NEVER AGAIN !! >

BOWTECH... NEVER AGAIN !!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BOWTECH... NEVER AGAIN !!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOWTECH... NEVER AGAIN !!

Unless I've actually witnessed an issue with a particular brand I see no reason in bashing that brand. Every bow manufacturer has had some issues. But the stories sure do seem to outway the issues by a wide margin. When I picked out my bow i went strictly on what felt best to me. If that bow would ahve had issues after purchase that's what the warranty is for and I've learned the lesson for myself.

"this one time mycousin's brother's uncle heard from his brother's son'sbrother that brand X bow will fly apart when you look at it with one eye closed."

Old 07-10-2007, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ididn't get an e-mail or PM from the original poster but I did do some digging and got a little info on the situation.I posted this same reply on a different forum so I guess I should also post it here...

International dealers go through a distributor and items aren't always received in a timely manner when going from dealer to distributor to BowTech. There are often times delays in customs, among other things to consider. The bows that were sent in from the Canadian Distributor were shipped back out 3 days after they were received at the factory.

Regards, Pat

Old 07-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pat,

Thank you for keeping us posted. You could have just let this die. however, you prove again that Bowtech does have great customer service by making the effort to find out the truth.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 AM

Ok,
Lets be fair an objective about this topic and then close the chapter to move on with other evaluations, hopefully more positive..
What I don’t understand, is that some fellow archers on this forum get fired up with disbelief??? and start defending Bowtech ?? Unless you are on the Bowtech payroll , I don’t understand this reaction. All will agree that something about archers is that they are always passionate and willing to lend a friendly hand. So why would one decide to expose a false bad review….? I work in the food industry (I’m not a competitor) It was my 2nd Bowtech and oh man …I loved those bows ( my next one would have been the Guardian)..But that’s the way it happened wetter you like it or not… and nobody can contest that! Strictly facts, the way it happened.

FACTS AND FAULT:…

Not proceeding with final inspection before putting the bow in the box. It was a bran new bow. (At lunch time I went to the dealer and took the bow out of the box. Went back after work to get equipment installed) BOWTECH[/ol]

Dealer should have never let me out with that bow. DEALER[/ol]

Taking the bow out of the store (Dumb mistake, I agree) :YES ! ME , my fault, caught up with too much lust for the bow… [/ol]

Numerous calls to Bowtech telephone support line (john and others)asking for estimated time of delivery but no valid tracking answer: Nobody would take the time to investigate this bad service…They would answer : ask your dealer…but even he was getting no clear answers…BOWTECH[/ol]

Unacceptable waiting time: NORTH SILVA (BOWTECHS ASSIGNED/CHOSEN DISTRIBUTOR) and BOWTECH for doing nothing about it. They could sing any song they like on this forum but the truth is that they signed a business agreement with North Silva and they’ve agreed to the conditions and are fully aware that their chosen distribution center does not react quickly by accumulating pallets before shipping. (As per a Bowtech telephone support Jeff [/ol]

After 2 months, Finally getting an answer, being told by Bowtech, that they received the bow, saw and recognized the problem and will change everything besides riser … Asking Bowtech to please ship back A.S.A.P once fixed. (after all the bow is new and paid for …after 60 days…lets move and make sure our consumers get an enjoyable experience with us…ya right)I was told that if I wanted to speed things up with shipping, I would have to pay the shipping!!??… Because their designed distributor was waiting to accumulate before shipping and did not priority on warranty. BOWTECH Said they would call back for a tracking # but never did…(and Jeff was very well explained about the service experience I was getting) BOWTECH[/ol]

After not being able to get answers or common sense service from Bowtech, I‘ve then sent a letter to senior management and never got a response from my ¨consumer complaint¨ detailed letter sent ¨express 1 day delivery¨ to senior management Bob Dunn [/ol]
(Nobody in that company stood up to stop this bad experience and make sure follow up was done right!!) BOWTECH

Receiving it with only the cams changed and they were very close to the limbs causing a paper to get stuck in between. I then compared it with another 07 allegiance and noticed the huge difference,(sloppy job) and on top of that, I had 2 Sims limb savers on my bow witch they took off and didn’t send back…. BOWTECH[/ol]

Being charged for the repair because the experts at Bowtech said the bow was dry fired???!!! (That one hurt!! I’d like to know the name of that expert…probably the guy who initially build and put my bow in the box …) Then from the dealer’s store, I call BOWTECH WARRANTY for explanations on this expertise and the badly fixed bow. And they tell me (after being put on hold) to call that North Silva and they would explain why.…..and as per the girl who answered, Bowtech warranty department would not take my call ??(North Silva is their distribution center for Canada ..?? what a raw and senseless answer) BOWTECH[/ol]

After 80 days, without a paid for new bow, get it back poorly fixed. BOWTECH [/ol]

And yes I have compared it with lead time from others whom I’ve ordered such as Sure Lock, Trophy Taker, STS, Specialty archery, Cobra, etc and there delivery time was average 6 working days. BOWTECH

I’m aware that it’s 2 way shipping but 80 days is a long shot , for a 1000 cnd $ paid for new bow, getting it back poorly fixed and realizing that I have to start over the process…Just unacceptable, don’t you think ?
This should be urgent priority for a company that stands behind their product. BOWTECH

Bowtech was contacted several times concerning the defect problems and delays, but then I saw Pat’s post requesting to Email Bowtech once problem was been to other consumers… So I could risk the rest of the season with no bow…YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING. …..
Nice try on your post Bowtech… but the truth is, that you didn’t need my email; you had more than enough info on this post to know EXACTLY who I was. If you they truly wanted to do something, it would have been done immediately… But you must of thought that your reply looked good to others ….

Bashing Bowtech….You could see it that way from the tone of the post, but it’s not. Us consumers need to know both sides of the medal and after all the title of topic forum is evaluation/review. I wasn’t asking for the impossible just common sense service and what they advertise on their web site ¨one of the finest ever produced¨…All you Bowtech owners should read the birth certificate statement that was on your bow, and then see if I got just that….

It’s a good thing the company was able to see the post and hopefully react and correct the places where they’ve dropped the ball. Looks like all you Bowtech owners can expect great service…I think this post woke them up a little… This post was well deserved. At least more than one person saw it. Too bad they didn’t follow up on their responsibilities when it was time…

As I mentioned previously, technical phone support has always serviced me well, warranty is another story
Of course they cant do everything wrong, that’s not what I’m saying. A lot of people are charmed and that’s great. I was just terribly disappointed with delays, service and accountability for mistakes that I’ve got from Bowtech. It is a very wide spread thought for people living outside the U.S (Especially Québec and Toronto). Maybe they don’t prioritize that regional market?? At least that’s what we all think down here.

So yes, true facts show that I was unfortunate with the services obtained from getting what I paid for.
This was an evaluation of my service with Bowtech’s warranty service and their accountability for their products. That’s all it was.
This post is a factual, and an honest review of services obtained.

Even if I lost a lot of shooting time and money, I think they got the message…
Enough said…let this post die

Old 07-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

You seem to still miss the point that the issue should have never got to Bowtech from the customer stand point. Thedealer knew the bow had an issue when you left with it and when you returned they pawned it off on Bowtech.

No reputable dealership would have let you walk out the door with that bow even if you offered them double that price. However, you problaby still bought your other bow from the same people who sold you a bow with a problem.

I'm sorry that Bowtech didn't handle it a certain way. But the majority of the blame lies with that dealer and how they handled it. Enough said by me.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:03 AM

However, you problaby still bought your other bow from the same people who sold you a bow with a problem.
Dont asumme...I bought it somewhere else..

And as for the majority of the blame...I fully agree on a part of it but the company didnt stand behind..... read post 54 again..
But with all do respect Dave, your in title to your opinion..
Old 07-11-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Robin Woods..

Ok,
Lets be fair an objective about this topic and then close the chapter to move on with other evaluations, hopefully more positive..
What I don’t understand, is that some fellow archers on this forum get fired up with disbelief??? and start defending Bowtech ?? Unless you are on the Bowtech payroll , I don’t understand this reaction. All will agree that something about archers is that they are always passionate and willing to lend a friendly hand. So why would one decide to expose a false bad review….? I work in the food industry (I’m not a competitor) It was my 2nd Bowtech and oh man …I loved those bows ( my next one would have been the Guardian)..But that’s the way it happened wetter you like it or not… and nobody can contest that! Strictly facts, the way it happened.

FACTS AND FAULT:…

Not proceeding with final inspection before putting the bow in the box. It was a bran new bow. (At lunch time I went to the dealer and took the bow out of the box. Went back after work to get equipment installed) BOWTECH
[ol][/ol]

Dealer should have never let me out with that bow. DEALER
[ol][/ol]

Taking the bow out of the store (Dumb mistake, I agree) :YES ! ME , my fault, caught up with too much lust for the bow…
[ol][/ol]

Numerous calls to Bowtech telephone support line (john and others)asking for estimated time of delivery but no valid tracking answer: Nobody would take the time to investigate this bad service…They would answer : ask your dealer…but even he was getting no clear answers…BOWTECH
[ol][/ol]

Unacceptable waiting time: NORTH SILVA (BOWTECHS ASSIGNED/CHOSEN DISTRIBUTOR) and BOWTECH for doing nothing about it. They could sing any song they like on this forum but the truth is that they signed a business agreement with North Silva and they’ve agreed to the conditions and are fully aware that their chosen distribution center does not react quickly by accumulating pallets before shipping. (As per a Bowtech telephone support Jeff
[ol][/ol]

After 2 months, Finally getting an answer, being told by Bowtech, that they received the bow, saw and recognized the problem and will change everything besides riser … Asking Bowtech to please ship back A.S.A.P once fixed. (after all the bow is new and paid for …after 60 days…lets move and make sure our consumers get an enjoyable experience with us…ya right)I was told that if I wanted to speed things up with shipping, I would have to pay the shipping!!??… Because their designed distributor was waiting to accumulate before shipping and did not priority on warranty. BOWTECH Said they would call back for a tracking # but never did…(and Jeff was very well explained about the service experience I was getting) BOWTECH
[ol][/ol]

After not being able to get answers or common sense service from Bowtech, I‘ve then sent a letter to senior management and never got a response from my ¨consumer complaint¨ detailed letter sent ¨express 1 day delivery¨ to senior management Bob Dunn
[ol][/ol]
(Nobody in that company stood up to stop this bad experience and make sure follow up was done right!!) BOWTECH

Receiving it with only the cams changed and they were very close to the limbs causing a paper to get stuck in between. I then compared it with another 07 allegiance and noticed the huge difference,(sloppy job) and on top of that, I had 2 Sims limb savers on my bow witch they took off and didn’t send back…. BOWTECH
[ol][/ol]

Being charged for the repair because the experts at Bowtech said the bow was dry fired???!!! (That one hurt!! I’d like to know the name of that expert…probably the guy who initially build and put my bow in the box …) Then from the dealer’s store, I call BOWTECH WARRANTY for explanations on this expertise and the badly fixed bow. And they tell me (after being put on hold) to call that North Silva and they would explain why.…..and as per the girl who answered, Bowtech warranty department would not take my call ??(North Silva is their distribution center for Canada ..?? what a raw and senseless answer) BOWTECH
[ol][/ol]

After 80 days, without a paid for new bow, get it back poorly fixed. BOWTECH
[ol][/ol]

And yes I have compared it with lead time from others whom I’ve ordered such as Sure Lock, Trophy Taker, STS, Specialty archery, Cobra, etc and there delivery time was average 6 working days. BOWTECH

I’m aware that it’s 2 way shipping but 80 days is a long shot , for a 1000 cnd $ paid for new bow, getting it back poorly fixed and realizing that I have to start over the process…Just unacceptable, don’t you think ?
This should be urgent priority for a company that stands behind their product. BOWTECH

Bowtech was contacted several times concerning the defect problems and delays, but then I saw Pat’s post requesting to Email Bowtech once problem was been to other consumers… So I could risk the rest of the season with no bow…YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING. …..
Nice try on your post Bowtech… but the truth is, that you didn’t need my email; you had more than enough info on this post to know EXACTLY who I was. If you they truly wanted to do something, it would have been done immediately… But you must of thought that your reply looked good to others ….

Bashing Bowtech….You could see it that way from the tone of the post, but it’s not. Us consumers need to know both sides of the medal and after all the title of topic forum is evaluation/review. I wasn’t asking for the impossible just common sense service and what they advertise on their web site ¨one of the finest ever produced¨…All you Bowtech owners should read the birth certificate statement that was on your bow, and then see if I got just that….

It’s a good thing the company was able to see the post and hopefully react and correct the places where they’ve dropped the ball. Looks like all you Bowtech owners can expect great service…I think this post woke them up a little… This post was well deserved. At least more than one person saw it. Too bad they didn’t follow up on their responsibilities when it was time…

As I mentioned previously, technical phone support has always serviced me well, warranty is another story
Of course they cant do everything wrong, that’s not what I’m saying. A lot of people are charmed and that’s great. I was just terribly disappointed with delays, service and accountability for mistakes that I’ve got from Bowtech. It is a very wide spread thought for people living outside the U.S (Especially Québec and Toronto). Maybe they don’t prioritize that regional market?? At least that’s what we all think down here.

So yes, true facts show that I was unfortunate with the services obtained from getting what I paid for.
This was an evaluation of my service with Bowtech’s warranty service and their accountability for their products. That’s all it was.
This post is a factual, and an honest review of services obtained.

Even if I lost a lot of shooting time and money, I think they got the message…
Enough said…let this post die

Though I do work for BowTech I'm based out of Ohio so until I read your threads on various forums I knew nothing about this and you raised a few questions that I felt needed to be answered.

Yes, BowTech may be to blame for some of what has taken place here but I don't believe they're where the real problem lies. The reason I say this is because of what I said at the end of my last post. The 3 bows that were sent back by said distributor were shipped backout 3 days after being received at the factory. I believe that's a pretty quick turn around time and that's within the goal set within our Warranty Description.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had severe issue's with a Distributor of BowTech and I have to say ,when I contacted BowTech about it ,it was dealt with immediately . I'm sure other companies have some of the same issue's you speak of as well .
I love my BowTech and have had nothing but praise for this company .Unfortunately you don't feel the same , who know's ,just maybe this bow"HAD" been dry fired at the shop before you took it home ,[who know's other than the shop owner]. If you noticed a problem to begin with ,Why would you buy it ?

nubo