Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight >

Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Old 07-06-2008, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

The new Hot-Dot Plus is out, Bass Pro and YeOle Archery shop have em. Going to try one myself.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:55 PM

I took my second deer with archery with a Hot Dot. However I was very disappointed with its performance during clandestine weather. This is only my third season deer (whitetail) hunting and I would advise against any electronic sights. There are several different reasons. Number 1, what if your battery ran down? You'd have to replace it during the hunt which requires a philphs head screw driver. Number two, any precipatation on the reflective lense causes a "star" effect on the dot. This obscurs any sight picture of the animal that your attempting to take. Third, anything electronic is prone to failure. I'm not an advanced bowhunter, but I have three college degrees and am not a dumbass!!! KISS will be my moto from now on. I plan on purchasing a 3 or 4 pin sight and have already purchased the Arhcer's Choice range finder. I dont want any more info than is necassary!!! Sorry for the rant guys.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:44 PM

Getting ready to buy the new hot dot didn't now if anybody has one yet and if yes how do you like it