Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight >

Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Old 12-20-2007, 04:42 PM

Default RE: Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

How has the sight held upfor everyone over the season. I bought one before reading this review, only because the pins have always been a nusence to me. Especailly shooting 3D. Hopefully my quick decision to buy will turn out to be a good one.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:04 PM

mine has held up great so far, only complanit is that unit gets turned on accidently too much and wore down batteries, but bought batteries at wally world for a couple of dollars and got 2 per pack.. in bright sunlight pins wash out somewhat but i've taken mine to alaska and hunt this season in ny deer woods... got animals !!!worked great for me!!
Old 12-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

How do the batteries hold up in the cold?Just curious, that was y biggest concern and its 8 degrees here now with -13 windchill
Old 12-23-2007, 09:15 PM

According to the company a battery should hold up for a year. I've had to replace mine already during one season. I've taken my first antlered deer this year (with archery) using the sight and was very pleased with it, however I've recently found out that P&Y doesn't allow electronics on the bow, not that I'm a trophy hunter yet but if I ever took a P&Y buck I think that it would be awesome to get it in the books. The first antlered buck that I took was last year with a rifle and it would've scored P&Y (high 130's) and was very close to bow range. Also I used the sight while it was raining and had droplets impede my field of view on the lens. I've spent a lot of money on this sight but feel that I may go with something else and wil probably not get even half as much as I spent on the sight out of it.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:42 AM

so this sight doesn't work well in unfairable conditions if i understand all u right. how many days do we hunt that are idea conditions? think this siteis worth the extra money over fixed pin sites? great review
Old 12-25-2007, 12:35 AM

Honestly I don't think that the sight is worth the cost. If you hunted primarily out of a blind then it would probably be perfect (unless you plan on getting a buck in the trophy books).
Old 12-25-2007, 02:12 AM
Typical Buck

I hunted with mine the entire {so far} Indiana season with no problems at all, I love it. Giving one to my Son for Xmas this morning.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:09 AM

I can't tighten the vertical nut. It's loose. If I remove the vertical wing nut, how do I tighten it with an allen wrench?
Old 12-31-2007, 09:36 PM

allen is underneath
Old 01-01-2008, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

My Hot-Dot's pendulum function decided to quit working last evening while I was out trying to put a doe in the freezer. Hopefully Summit will rectify this.

Quick Reply: Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.