Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hind Sight Ghost w/peep review >

Hind Sight Ghost w/peep review

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hind Sight Ghost w/peep review

Old 10-22-2008, 03:22 PM

Default Hind Sight Ghost w/peep review

Has been a while I mentioned the 3-point aim so now it's time to share some knowlege.

Lets start with the setup...

Bow Specifications:
Poe - Lang (or) Perfect Line (whatever)
TWIN CAM COMPOUND BOW – CHASER
Weight: 2.7 kg (6 lbs)
Draw length: 29 inches
Draw weight: 55 lbs
Axle to axle: 40-1/8 inches
Limb: compression molded fiberglass
Riser: magnesium alloy
String: formula 8125
Speed: 260 feet/sec.
Let off: 65%

Arrow Rest:
QAD Ultra-Rest PRO HD - Anything else I got didn't fit the bow[:@].
Stabilizer: None - I could tell 50 reasons why not to use any on THAT bow. The first would be: "No point".
Sight: Hind Sight Ghost Rider - in perfect line at full draw with the peep...
Peep Sight: Tru Glo 1/8" Rite Peep - Almost in ideal position on the string.
Release Aid: Tru-Fire 360ΒΊ Elite Release Buckle Strap w/Foldback
Arrows: Easton ST Carbon Excel 500 with PDP 90 gr bullet points and some crap 4" flexi-vanes. 315 gr.

OK... Now I did some basic laser tuning, used the Ram RATCHET-LOC Bow Press to get the "perfect" measures and adjusted the Hind Sigh. Next thing was to get it to the line. Was quite easy and I have to admit I didn't expect such flexibility. One thing which realy disturbed me was the riser on the bow. It's almost 1/4 in the way of the sight so it is quite disturbing...

So how does it shoots?
Damn.... I threw 12 arrows in a row at 20m in the 5cm ring after some micro adjustments and the only thing making it whorser from 30m were the arrow vanes but still in 8cm radius. The one thing the Hind Sight helped the most on this bow was the bow vertical axis torque. You could hold the line at full draw and the back piece told you which way to torque so it goes straight. I asked my noobish friend to try as he had the same draw as me. First without the back-end he went always right/up from actual line. After adding the back-end back, he told me it felt different and the string stopped to vaporize his forehand skin. All his next arrows went in a centered group (spread wide). It somehow made me happy and I went to ask another random person watching us. The guy had longer arms so it looked a little silly yet he did great with this on the first try. 4" center spread speaks for itself.

Conclusion:
Maybe the Hind Sights + peeps aren't realy usable for pro's or advanced archers with top equipment but this thing made shooting a realy cheap bow pretty straight with added value of teaching starters "how to" hold the piece. It also made a good tool to find the anchor points and discover the bows potential gaps. All in whole, it was a good thing to try and improved a cheap bow to another level.
I recommend this for starters and for those few tunners making cheap bows for friends...

Enter

So this is the photo of the finished 3-point aim:

Old 10-25-2008, 11:30 AM

Default RE: Hind Sight Ghost w/peep review

Hey again.

Today I went out with the "Perfect Line" bow () and...
Well watch it yourself [8D].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_19Aw5cK2Eo

Was the first shot and my friend (cameraman) got sold for the Hindsight + peep solution .
Old 10-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love that set up! can you add different pins to that set up. im thinking of trying this sight on my next bow and i would want to use the tru glo slot type tritium pins. the type that glow in the dark without batteries.also what did you pay for the sight?
Old 10-27-2008, 06:17 AM

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

i love that set up! can you add different pins to that set up. im thinking of trying this sight on my next bow and i would want to use the tru glo slot type tritium pins. the type that glow in the dark without batteries.also what did you pay for the sight?
I can try some other sights with different pins if you want me to but the originally coupled Ghost Rider was the only one with the diameter to cover it with the back ring. Also, there seems to benone to littlefront-back distance adjustment so if you pull less than 26" even the Ghost setup will not cover it completely... Has most probably been made for 27-31 inch drawers .

The pins can be replaced by any TruGlo's as those used by HindSight belong to TruGlo anyway. The whole thing shines in dark like crazy. It came with the light so I had 1 trouble less but for seeing the effect in the dark you will have to "catch" some additional light for the back end diagonal cross... I don't expect this kind of trouble while hunting though, so just a "candy for money" issues [8D].

About the price... It did took someorgans off me[:@]. Ordered from US to Slovakia and had to pay ~130$. I would strongly recomend you to get only the back-end piece to your existing sight. Go to http://www.hindsightco.com/hindsightproducts.htmland check the stuff. I'll try the EQ II next month as it seems to have more flexibility although I doubt the accuracy . Well, I cut ma'self once already on the HS so... Let's just wait .

[align=left][/align]

I'll shoot some more pics of it and post it later today so stay sharp.