Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight >

Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Old 01-01-2008, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

I used mine all season and loved it. I actually dropped my bow out of my stand and knocked the sight right off the bow, Cleaned the dirt off the sight, reattached it and it worked great. The battery compartment needs to be changed, if the battery isn't sitting just right under the clip you can get a faint dot. I actually put some tape on the clip to hold the battery in place and solved the problem.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:27 PM

I just have one teeny, tiny thing I would like to say about sight...
WHY ISN'T THIS $150.00 "PREMIUM BOW SIGHT" WATER PROOF!!
Don't we hunt in the rain, Don't we hunt in the swap. Accidents happen and they happen when you least expect it. If I am going to spend that kind of money on a "premium bow sight" with electronics inside of it, it will be water proof. I, like most do not hunt in optimal conditions. It just seems to me like Summit miss the mark on this one.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Had a problem with mine and contacted Summit via email, Jonathon L. responded with a message stating a new one was on it's way with a return tag and postage paid to get the non working one back to them. Can't beat that for customer service.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:06 PM

It's a great idea but leaves a lot to be desired for the price. I really don't think that I got my money's worth.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:35 AM

i hunted with mine in rain and snow and was not affected....so far held up great....
Old 01-08-2008, 05:15 PM

Out of everyone who has a Hot dot sight, would you purchase it again? That's the truth in the pudding sort of speak. I really intersted in buying one and would like to hear if you would or wouldn't.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:22 PM

To be totally honest I would not purchase this sight again. It's been more trouble than it's worth to me. At first I thought that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread but after dealing with it in the rain and having a battery run down mid hunt I've decided that it has a lot to be desired. I really hope to get at least 50% of what I paid for it. The battery housing is plastic which is not good. The lens for which the LED's reflect off of make a prism effect when wet which is not goot. It does not have markings for adjustments when sighting in which is not good. I'm a noob when it comes to bow hunting but when I decide to do something I throw everything at it. This is my second year seriously whitetail hunting and I've takin five so far (two with archery) and let me tell ya, this sight isn't worth it, yet.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:23 PM

Could anyone tell me if this sight legal for competions in the Hunter's Class? I see that you can switch it from pendulum back to fixed pin. Is that possible merely by flipping a switch?
Old 07-04-2008, 08:05 PM

so if i get this do i still need a peep sight or a kisser???
Old 07-05-2008, 11:52 PM

to answer bowhunter 1591 i use both kiser and peep...

yes i would buy another and am waiting for the new hot dot plus to come out!!! with it's new improvements plus i want to get both mods fiber and electronic!! i understand fox is out which is the fiber plus is any day now!!!

Quick Reply: Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.