Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Gorilla Treestands

Old 12-11-2002, 09:02 PM

Default Gorilla Treestands

Need to hear some good things about them before I buy a couple. What I'm looking for is a company that I can purchase multiple of the same stands and not have to worry about reliability and they have to be decently priced (at the most $90 each) and easy set up. I just don't feel comfortable having to sit different stands. It's not the same. So far I'm looking at the Gorilla line of treestands. One thing I would prefer is a chain-on stand with a large platform. But if it comes to where I will buy a strap on stand, I will change to a ratchet. Thanks!!

"Be as a whisper in the wind."
-Jim-
Old 12-12-2002, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gorilla Treestands

I really can't comment on the Gorilla brand of stands but I thought I'd make a suggestion. Check out this link: www.tsctreestands.com

Look at the model 1000 EZY-LOK...this stand appears to be very similar to the old Loc On LEM's....the main difference being the platform(the Loc On's used a plastic/polymer platform) and the back support rods look like they do not fold up on the TSC stand.

I have not used the TSC brand of stands and I do not know anyone who has, but they are being sold at a reasonable price and they appear to have a good return policy.

If these stands are like the Loc On stands that I currently use, a more stable stand is hard to find(actually I have'nt found one). I am considering buying one of these stands this spring to replace a newer stand(not a Loc On) that I just do not feel comfortable in. Let us know what you decide because I'm in the market too!

Old 12-12-2002, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Between my hunting partner and I we have about six of them. We have both the Aluminum and Steel versions, and we both prefer the steel. I am 240 pounds (without my hunting clothes) and feel safe in the stand. Also note they are very quiet.

Old 12-12-2002, 03:47 PM
Spike

I have 6 of the Gorilla Lite hunter stands and absolutely love them. I purchased them from Advantage Archery. They had the best price on the internet and shipped and packaged very well. I used to have chain on lock-ons, and these by far are superior quality and 200% easier to put up and down. They are strap on tree stands. Once in place they do not move. I recommend Gorilla treestands. They make many different styles and I am sure they all are made with the same quality as the ones I have.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

I purchased the gorilla stands for several reasons. They have a large platform with no pressure points, because of the wire mesh bottom. They have a fold up fixed seat that is at a comfy height. And the seat has an "air ride" cushion seat. nad they are easy to put up. Well that is all I am going to say so I dont sound like a freakin commercial. Hope this helped you out.

LIFE MEMBER: United Bowhunters of PA. >>------> (x)
Old 12-12-2002, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ditto on what the others have said.
They are light easy to put up and comfy.

Aussie by birth Texan by choice
Old 12-13-2002, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only have one, the 24"x30" aluminum model. I am selling about 5 of my other stands and replacing them with the gorillas. The only thing I wish they would change is the strap that holds them to the tree. I replaced it with a rachett, but even a cam over like the API`s use would be much better!
Other than the strap, I really like them.

NRA,UBP,BASS Member
New Stanton,PA
Old 12-15-2002, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

We bought a gorilla hanger for the first time this year. Was easy to put up, we also use some stacking sticks for the laddder. Easiest time ive ever had doing a tree stand between the 2. But as most hanger it lacks in comfort. Im still looking for a stand that is more comfy than my climber..Bushmaster xls.

WWW.HABITATHEROES.COM