Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Guardian Issues

Old 02-17-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Guardian Issues

I went to my local proshop today and shot the Guardian and the Drenalin. We set up both bows with sights (toxonics)and rests (rip chord). I shot the Guardian first and noticed that when I looked through the peep I saw the cable between the peep and the sight.The cabledidn't fully blockmy view of the pins, but it was annoying. I had too torque the bow left in order for the cable to be out of my sight window. I also noticed that when coming to full draw the cams gave off a little "pop" when they settled. We also had problems getting the blazer vanes to clear the cable when shooting. Standard vanes barely cleared. I figured the bow may be out of whack wo we wet up another Guardian and experienced the exact sme issues. Has anyone else experienced this or were these bows not up to par? Other than these issues the bow was super quiet, shock free and fast. The Drenalin was also a solid bow, but very light.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:54 PM

Default RE: Guardian Issues

I shot the new Guardian today also .
I never herd or noticed the cams popping .
I did notice the cable but it did not obstuct my vew .
Posible we have a different holding form ?
Old 02-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

I've drawn my Guardian over and over again and have yet to have a problem with the cable being in my the way of my field of vision. With my peep, the only thing that I see is my single pin.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:56 AM

Ive shot 2 guardians and never noticed the cable in my view on either. And never heard a sound on the draw.