Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 07' LH Allegiance Delivered >

07' LH Allegiance Delivered

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

07' LH Allegiance Delivered

Old 02-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default 07' LH Allegiance Delivered

I ordered a LH Allegiancein Hardwoods HD between Christmas and New Year and it came in this weekend. I was going to go toHarrisburg but couldn't wait to play with the new setup.

Purchased from The Archery Forum hear on Long Island NY, what a great job both Dan and Chuck did,excellent service and they know how to set up a bow. I arrived at the shopand the bow had the rest(Quad Ultra) and the peep (Meta) already installed. Picked a new sight(HHA 5000) put it on and went to work sighting in. Took all of 20 arrows andbegan toshoot 5's and X's.Had a dozen arrows made up as well, BlazedMaxima 350's.

WellI shot a few of my arrows before I left the shop so I went home and said lets shoot the 3D. Shot 4 arrows, well long story short the glue was not fully dry on the tip insertsso I had to get 4 heads out of the target.Went back to the shop today and decided to go for a new release and D loop as well as re-glue the 4 arrows.I ended up with a Scott Mongoose, very nice release.

Shot for about an hour, and I am reallygetting locked in with the new Ally. I got to shoot next to a guy with a Tribute, 06 I think. Well it was quieter than mine but not by much, then Dan drags out the Guardian just to show how quiet it is compared to our bows, it makes almostno sound at all. I wish it had a draw cycleas smooth as my smooth modAlly. If it didI would have boughtGuardian instead.

Only 7 months and 24 days till bow season.

Paul

Old 02-05-2007, 01:37 AM

Default RE: 07' LH Allegiance Delivered

Congrats on the purchase. I picked up my RH '07 Allegiance a month ago today.

Give them another year to tweak that Guardian design and its draw cycle will be like butta'. But boy is that Ally a shooter or what? I love mine.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Dan, You sure got that right the Ally is a shooter. If they make the draw that smooth on the Guardian I may have to get one of those as well, but which one would bethe back up?What a dilemma.

Paul
Old 02-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of actual speed are you guys getting?I sold my Mathews LX last week and picked up a Tribute.I'm not nuts about the grip but maybe it's something I just have to get used to.Anyway,I'm getting 293 out of the tribute shooting a 276 gr arrow at 71lbs and 29'.That was exactly what I got with my lx with the same arrows.I shot the Allegience and it was only 3 fps faster.I went with the tribute because it just felt a little bit better.How harsh is the draw cycle with the faster modules.Speed isn't everything to me but I'm curious.

Does anyone make any replacement grips that feel better?
Old 02-10-2007, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: DougE

What kind of actual speed are you guys getting?I sold my Mathews LX last week and picked up a Tribute.I'm not nuts about the grip but maybe it's something I just have to get used to.Anyway,I'm getting 293 out of the tribute shooting a 276 gr arrow at 71lbs and 29'.That was exactly what I got with my lx with the same arrows.I shot the Allegience and it was only 3 fps faster.I went with the tribute because it just felt a little bit better.How harsh is the draw cycle with the faster modules.Speed isn't everything to me but I'm curious.

Does anyone make any replacement grips that feel better?
276 grains per arrow? You might want to get a bigger arrow before you mess up your limbs. 276 grains at 71 pounds isnt even 4 grains/ pound. That can do some serious damage.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

I kind of thought that 276was a little lite for 70#. But I am a born again bow hunter so it will take me a while to get a lot of things straight. Someone correct me if I am wrong, Carbon Maxima's 8.9gr per in x 30" = 267gr + nock, insert, flights say 30gr = 297gr +100grhead = 397gr arrow. Is this about right?

Doug I have not chronoed my set up so I can't guess what she is doing all I know that it is plenty fast.

Paul
Old 02-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I meant to say 376 gr.It's actually about 5.4 gr/lb.This bow is plety fast also and I'm not all hung up on speed.I just hear guys talking about getting close to 320 fps with Bowtechs andI can't see it unless they're shootingextremely long draw lengths.The 29"Allegience that I shot had an IBO rating of .308 fps on the tag and the Tribute was 303 fps.That's plenty fastbut it's a far cry from 320 fps.