Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Raffle for saxman / RIFLE DELIVERED >

Raffle for saxman / RIFLE DELIVERED

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Raffle for saxman / RIFLE DELIVERED

Old 11-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Raffle for saxman / RIFLE DELIVERED

I have hessitated in posting this because I wanted to believe my fellow forum member.
It has gone on so long now that I can no longer remain silent.
I have told a few folks privately about what has happened but now it's time to tell the rest.
Indiana Smoke Polestarted a rifle raffel for my bennifit with out my knowing until I saw it posted and the good people here and on hunting.net forum donated to the raffle and just plain donated to lanenebraska and also put up bullets and other prises for my bennifit.
Thank you to all for your kindness.
I was so greatful toISP for doing this that I sent him a brand new CVA Kodiak SS 45 cal rifle,never fired that I was selling and he had showed interest in,I sent him the rifle as a thank you.
At the end of the rallel I got a PM from Lanenebraska asking for my address,3 days later a money order for $400 showed up.The timing was perfect,I was running low on meds.Thank you Lane and all who donated.
I then got a PM fromISP saying that he was sorry,when his wife left she cleaned out the bank accounts and left him pennyless and thet he used $200 of the $750 he collected for groceries.I felt very bad for him.
He then said he would send me the rest of the money,I got nothing so I called him.He sounded terrible and had no money,I told him to keep the money untill he got on his feet and then send it when he could,he thanked me and said he would send the rifle back so I could sell it,I said OK.

I heard nothing for a week or so,I sent him messages,no answer,Finally last week I got a message saying he would send the gun the next day,I asked him to send a tracking number because I had a buyer for the gun who had already paid and wanted his gun not just promisses.
I recieved no number and had to refund the sellers money.
I feel thatISP had the intention of doing this all along and ripped us all off.I can come to no other conclusion as he will not contact me to get my gun back.I understand he still visits and post on some other forums so he is aware of what is going on.

If you want to copy and post this on other sites be my guest,I dont want anyone else to get dupped,Maybe he will respond and send me the gun back but I fear any money collected and the gun are history.
Live and learn.

I wanted all to know I had nothing to do with this and recievd NOTHING from ISP,in fact his raffle actually cost me money. I know he did send the rifle to the winner.
I did recieve the money donated from Lane in a timely maner and he was good to his word and some other forum members sent me the items they won that were donated by other members and the dollar bills from so many of you.

Thank you all,I wanted you to know.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Raffle for saxman / explination

Sax

Thanks for posting this... I really was a-feared of this... as I new one other somewhat simular incident. The worst part of the whole deal is you got hurt - your reputation has been - somewhat damaged... this post will go to heal some of that damage...

We that contributed lost a little bit also...

The biggest injury for me will remain some lost trust in a fellow forum member and will make some of us very skeptical of the next thing that comes along like this that really mightlegitimate attempt to help a fellow member...

Old 11-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could feel that my reputation was suffering and wanted to put it out there.
I enjoy being here and learning from you all I hope I can rebuild my reputation with all of you.

It is my hope that ISP read this and make things right,at least with the gun.

My prayers are with him as well
Old 11-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Dominant Buck

You know this type of event is exactly why people do not make the effort tohelp out others in need. Saxman this is not your fault so it appears. As you were duped as well as the rest of us. Lets hope that ISP has a moral awakening and does the right thing. What other screen names does he go by, so no one else will have any dealing with him?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Dave,,,,he went by "Indiana" on DWBs......but you won't see that name on there anymore.....[8D]

Old 11-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, did you make a rifle trade with him a while back? Your Knight for a White Rifle? I'm glad he didn't fleece you on that deal.
Art
Old 11-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

WOW !!!! He sure had me fooled, I always like to think everybody is honest and trust worthy, I bought some small things from him, sabots, bullets, etc. but I suppose he had to get in good standing first before he went for the big prize. If he did do this on purpose I hope the light comes on and he does the right thing. Thinking and praying for you all the time Saxman !!!
Old 11-06-2008, 03:50 PM
FG

I damned near forgot as its been 3 weeks since i worked out a trade on another forum and never got the bullets[:@] Either mail is slow or i got it stuck in the rear.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Saxman for posting. Not to worry here. Its not your fault. And you have enough to deal with anyway. At least this only cost most of us $20. So really no big deal. It may have made us all feel good. ISP is the one who is going to have to deal withe the guilt and shame. If I were you and you know his real name, I would post that too, along with where he lives.
Maybe that is the reason his wife left him??? His payback will be tenfold you can be sure.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the heads up Saxman. Now put this out of your head, You got enough going on. $20 made me feel good, to be able to help a guy out. You gotta a least try & trust others, if not this world would be a pretty crappy place to be. & remember what goes around ,comes around. Jay

Quick Reply: Raffle for saxman / RIFLE DELIVERED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.