Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Climbing Treestand

Old 01-14-2007, 09:14 PM

Default RE: Climbing Treestand

I would say a good climber is more important than new arrows or a high quality bow because you certainly are going to have trouble shooting something when your climber falls down the tree and you are left dangling by your harness! It is all about safety for me because being a med student I got to see a couple bowhunters come into the E.R. I was working at who had fallen out of their climbers! (and they were dumb enough not to have harnesses on...[:-])
Old 01-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

I would say a good climber is more important than new arrows or a high quality bow because you certainly are going to have trouble shooting something when your climber falls down the tree and you are left dangling by your harness! It is all about safety for me because being a med student I got to see a couple bowhunters come into the E.R. I was working at who had fallen out of their climbers! (and tehy were dumb enough not to have harnesses on...[:-])
i see hunters all the time using climbing stands WITHOUT any harness..its just matter of time..

i use a ladder stand..this year weather was so niice, i feel aslepp first day at around 10 am..i awakened at 11.30,first time i ever in my life fell asleep..that harness held me in the seat..

at noon a huge buck came out, i got him..wasnt that lucky one..

this was only DEER that was seen in my hunting area..yes, i use my harness all time and this year, ole sproul could have died from falling ..
Old 01-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

I would say a good climber is more important than new arrows or a high quality bow because you certainly are going to have trouble shooting something when your climber falls down the tree and you are left dangling by your harness! It is all about safety for me because being a med student I got to see a couple bowhunters come into the E.R. I was working at who had fallen out of their climbers! (and tehy were dumb enough not to have harnesses on...[:-])
i see hunters all the time using climbing stands WITHOUT any harness..its just matter of time..

i use a ladder stand..this year weather was so niice, i feel aslepp first day at around 10 am..i awakened at 11.30,first time i ever in my life fell asleep..that harness held me in the seat..

at noon a huge buck came out, i got him..wasnt that lucky one..

this was only DEER that was seen in my hunting area..yes, i use my harness all time and this year, ole sproul could have died from falling ..
Could have , but you didn't. Best deer to get. Congrats!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have a summit backpacker ss I love the tree stand vert lite it is only 14 or 16 lbs BUT I am a larger frame guy so the handles on the side limit my mobility when I wear heavier gear..I bought a few ladder stands now and am looking to sell it..
Old 01-15-2007, 08:48 PM

I just sold a Lone Wolf climbing treestand on E-bay,I'll keep my 4 year old API.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would get the lightest treestand that i can. I think they are to heavy, but i use one. I have 3 and they are all as little as i could find them.