Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

climbing Treestand

Old 03-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default climbing Treestand

i am planning on buying a climbing treestand this summer after i get some graduation money and was wondering what everyone's favorite stand was and what stands to stay away from im looking at a summit Viper but not sure if that is the best or if there is something out there that is better.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: climbing Treestand

I'm a huge fan of the lone wolf sit'n climb. Folds up compact, its light, really quiet in use anddoesn't requirestraps or foot stirrups.

Its the fifth climber that I've had in my thirty plus years of bowhunting, none of the other compared. I actually bought my son one because I felt sorry for him having the use the previous climber I owned.

Happy Hunting
Old 03-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a big time Lone Wolf (sit and climb) fan as well. The only gripe I ever really had was the traction belt levers were too tight and hard to open. This is on older models. So, I filedthem, roundedover the lipjust a tad and they open and close like a DREAM.
The top one isthe original shape.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunted out of a climber yesterday afternoon and by the time I got to 12ft I was soaking wet with sweat and as far as i am concerned give me a hang on any day.

I have never had to work that hard to get up 12ft before.
Admittadly it was my first time in a climber and it will be my last.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

Iown the Summit Viper. Have owned the Summint Bushmaster as well.

I like the Viper better as I prefer the sit and climb style over the hand climber. Hear the Lone Wolfs are a bit lighter but not as comfortable.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Spike

LOVE MY SUMMIT!!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

i love my summit viper.. sleep more in it than hunt
Old 03-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

I hunted out of a climber yesterday afternoon and by the time I got to 12ft I was soaking wet with sweat and as far as i am concerned give me a hang on any day.

I have never had to work that hard to get up 12ft before.
Admittadly it was my first time in a climber and it will be my last.
There like that until you get them figured. Should have been easier than hanging a lock-on.

Sit and climb is good. I climb a little, sit and look a little, climb some more. Easy! Most stands have too much stuff making the job of getting there without spooking everything away harder. Remove it. Adjusting to tree diameter is also a pain. Got an adjustable one. Teeth that grip the tree to tightly? Grind them or get a different one.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:45 PM

do not get the camanchee climber from bass pro it falls apart by the third or fourth hunt and isnt very comfortable
Old 03-13-2007, 02:28 PM

tried my buddies summit golaith this year and what can i tell ya i bought one two days later LOVE IT minus summit skin

Quick Reply: climbing Treestand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.