Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

hha single pin sight

Old 11-30-2006, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hha single pin sight

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I guess having some of these Bowtechs which shoot well over 300 fps at least makes me consider it... because I could sight it in for something like 26 yards or so and probably not have point of impact change more than a couple inches out to 35 yards or so, I would think. That would be well within a deer's kill zone.

I just can't bring myself to do it yet.
You would think, and you'd be right. You can't beat a single verticle pin on a fast bow for deer hunting. My Hoyt was alot slower than your Allegiance and I used one pin out to 30 yards. I sighted in at 25. At 15 yards I was about 1 inch high and at 30 yards I was about 1.5 inches low.

I like the simplicity and the view. So much less clutter with one vertical pin versus 3 horizontal pins. You can really see the deer better IMO. Plus the vertical pin provides you with a visual cue to pick the "spot" on a deer. I just put the vertical post on the back edge of the front leg and you'll never miss leftto right. This is what my sight looks like (exept the buck is usually alot smaller LOL)

Old 11-30-2006, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: hha single pin sight

Yep... Maybe I'll bring myself to do it sometime. The sight is so nice and bright I'm definitely not getting rid of it, so it'll always be an option.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Spike

are you still using the hha slider? if so how much do you like it now?
Old 09-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

I like the one pin too and with faster bows, it should not be much of an issue within 40 yards. I noticed this considerably in moving from my Parker BuckHunter to my Diamond Outlaw this year. I've used one pin for hunting the past several years and much less of a difference now in where to aim with the Outlaw. I still have the four pins in the Apex TruGlo sight that came with it but I'm really only using the top pin when shooting out to 40 yards so I think I will pop the rest out for hunting season, which starts on Saturday here. I'm not willing to take a shot past that anyway. Good luck guys!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Spike

how difficult is it to range and adjust? i can imagine its a bit of a pain? ill give you a backround, ive been using three pins, recently maxed my bow, so now im ready for more yardage. im wondering if i should go with 5 pins or get one of these slider deals??? im open to feedback good or bad with both.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

with my hha for whitetail hunting anyway i leave the pin set at 30 and practice at 20 and 40 that way. mine shoots about 3 inches high at 20 and about 10 inches low at 40 so i dont have to adjust in quick situations, besides if a deer is at 50 or 60 i will probably have time to adjust my pin anyway but 90 % of my shots are taken under 30 yards. just my 2 cents.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

i shoot an hha 1 pin. its a good sight. stays lit up long. and its flat out bright. but my favorite thing is that 1 pin is simple. too many pins can get confusing and are just too busy in my opinion.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

not trying to take over this thread but could you guys tell me what makes you chose singles over normal sights? after looking at the picture above, i really love how open it is and you can see your target. im interested in getting one.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Spike

i'm using a trophy ridge alpha-1 hunter. single pin set to 25 yds. i'm about 3 inches high at 15, and 3 inches low at 30. i don't shoot much farther than that.

really bright, good adjustability (with 3rd axis levelling). relatively cheap too (about $35 on amazon). 2 deer in the freezer already this year with it--both taken right at dusk.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Spike

I myself use HHA single pin sights, and think they are great. Very bright pins plus the ability to adjust the brightness. Well built sights that can take a good amount of abuse. I have tried multiple pin sights before and have always come back to the single pin. I do practice a lot in the off season, so I am familiar with how much my arrow drops. Typicaly I set my sight @ 25yds and am good to 35 easy. As with any sight/bow/arrow set up, practice is what will make you a good shot.