Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many use a single pin sight... >

How many use a single pin sight...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many use a single pin sight...

Old 06-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default How many use a single pin sight...

How many of you use a single pin sight like the Vitalbowgear slide or the old Toxonic's hybrid one... and what do you think of them...pros..... cons...
Old 06-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How many use a single pin sight...

I use the Vital Bow Gear Pro Slide and I love it. It is the best sight I have had yet. It is very bright and light weight. I like the vertical pin. I use a single pin even if I don't have a slide. My bow shoots flat enough out to 30 yards I only need one pin. Iaim a little high or low to compensate. I don't like multiple pins, if you look at the wrong one you are way off.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

I used just 1 pin last year, and will probably do it again this year. I like it because it is foolproof as far as picking the right pin in a pressure situation.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:56 PM

I use one pin on a custom bow equipment sight.The sight is adjustable if I feel like I need to move it.I keep it at thirty yards and know how high or low to hold if I need to factor that in.I do not like a busy sight picture!
Old 06-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

I was wondering abou tthe VBG slider, I just traded a friend of mine, I'm giving him a weekend hog hunt, and he is going to give me his Vital bow gear startrack sight, he was wanting a new sight....
Old 06-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use one pin. i actually have 2 other pins but i just slide them up out of the way, and like others say, jus compensate.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Tru-Glo Glo-Brite single pin sight. I have marks for 20, 30, 40, and 50 yards for the practice range and 3D, but I typically keep it on 20 when hunting. I can keep the sight on the 20 yard mark and hold high at 30 and be right on, so i don't need to mess with the sights during crunch time. I like it much better than a multi pin sight.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

My father and i both got Cobra easyslide extreme sights earlier this summer and we're very impressed with the brightness and overall quality. I would recommend this sight to anyone.

Zach
Old 06-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Impact Archery Cosmic single pin sight for hunting only .For hunting a single pin is all you need since most shot's are within the 30yrd limit but iyou can alway's compensate for a little difference if your target is just a little out of range.

nubo
Old 06-21-2005, 08:39 PM

i use a vbg startrac single pin sliding site and love it. however, i'm all hot and bothered over the sur loc something or other hunting site. its a slider that has 3 pins, so you'd be set at 20, 30, and 40, and with a slide be set at 50, 60, and 70. you could also use the distance between the pins to cheat at 3-d. it's $200 wholesale though so it will be a while, but i think i'll have it. plus i think it'll slide enough to go out to 100.

Quick Reply: How many use a single pin sight...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.