Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Problems with getting slick tricks >

Problems with getting slick tricks

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Problems with getting slick tricks

Old 10-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default Problems with getting slick tricks

I ordered 4 packs in early Sept from a distributor in Bloomington Illinois, he's on line , can't remember the name of his web site but I Know if you type in Slick trick he's on one of the first few pages. This guy has given us every excuse in the book on why we don't have them, first it was the blades are held up in customs, 2 more weeks, now it;s 1 day before the NY opener and he won't return our phone calls. I'm pissed, it dosen't take a month to get anything today!!!! I really had faith in this guy to get them to us. Is it me or is there a huge demand for these heads, or is the distributor a snake or the guy who owns Slick Tricks just advertises and never sells any or gets any to his distributors. NEED SOME INFO ON WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Problems with getting slick tricks

I probably ordered mine at the same time you order yours. But I ordered straight thru Gary (Slick Trick). At that time he doesn't have the blades for the 100 grn 1" cutting. So, I asked him to send the Magnum instead. Depends on what type you ordered, they might be back order (blades). I suggest go directly to Gary. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

We ordered the mags. 100gr 1 1/8 dia. These people are making me look pretty bad, considering 4 other people we depending on me to get them.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Yea, go directly to Gary at Slick Tricks. I got everything I needed in the spring and not only that, ordering through him directly was cheaper than I could find anywhere else because everyone else inflates their shipping charges to a ridiculous rate.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everything the guy was telling you i true. Gary got tired of people telling him his blades were dull so he went to Soligen, a well known German steel blade company. They did kinda scrw him over telling him he would have his blades by such & such date and never made any of the dates they promised him. I just got mine last week and they are definitely worth the wait. I do know that he has some of the 100 grain magnum heads (1 1/8" cut) in stock right now on his site. Better hurry though! He has promised that he has enough ordered to carry him through next year and that hes has thousands of the ferrules sitting in his warehouse just waiting on the blades. Gary is a stand up guy and has been stressing out over this badly.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:36 AM

I ordered some this week from Tom Redmonds Outdoors Archery Experts, call 1-888-833-9252
Old 10-13-2006, 10:05 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Not to hijack the thread, do the broadheads available now have the soligen blades? Guess what I'm asking is i am wanting to try these heads but should I wait to get them until they become available from him again as I have some located.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Hmm... Not sure. Only Gary can pitch in on that. But, I used whatever I got and got my tag filled in Sept (elk). Only ran about 60 yards. I used my ST practice head on it.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mez, just ask the dealer you are looking at buying them from. They should be able to tell you. I shot them last year and the blades this year are easily distiguishd from last years blades.

Slick tricks have been sold out pretty much nationwide for months so chances are unless you're buying them from an individual the will be the new blades.