Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Slick Tricks and Elk? >

Slick Tricks and Elk?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Tricks and Elk?

Old 03-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Slick Tricks and Elk?

Has anyone used slick trick heads on elk? What kind of penetration did you get and what poundage were you shooting?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:08 PM

Default RE: Slick Tricks and Elk?

go to their website and e-mail gary, he's got all the info you need. super nice dude. they'll work on whatever you want to shoot.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:20 PM

better yet, go to www.ardeerhunting.com, then go to forum, then bowhunting. on page 5 there is a post called "slick trick questions". the owner of slick trick, gary,(i think he's posted as old hoot or something) got into this thread and provided lots of insight and information of the tricks. i think you'll find it interesting if you're thinking of trying them.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:23 PM

sorry BD, first you have to go to arkansas hunting chat room.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:35 PM

Bow, if you go to slicktrick.net and click on Slick Trick Pics you will see a good assortment of animals. The African animals were all taken with Magnums except for the lady who used the 85s on the warthogs. Last fall I came out with the 1" Standards for anybody who wanted super penetration. I call them Standard because the 4 blades will blow as big a hole as the best selling 3 blade heads, but is more accurate, stronger and outpenetrates them. If a Standard won't penetrate nothing else will. By the way, on bowsite there is a guy who posted a pic of a tricked elk, its a real beaut.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Oldhootowl...

Slick Tricks are really amazing (like you've heard hundreds of times before ). I recently swapped the 125gr blades for the 100gr blades that you sent me a while ago. And they still fly like bullets! I shot the 1" standard Slick Trick into a strong headwind and the arrow still hit exactly where I aimed!

Getting back on topic... I have heard that the 1 1/8" magnum Slick Tricks will blow through the toughest animals (elk included) and the 1" standard Slick Tricks are perfect for maximum penetration on deer.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

OldHootowl -

You are the man. I can't wait to try my slick tricks on a big Illinois buck this year. I'll be shooting the 100 gr magnums from a 70 pount Hoyt Razortec with Carbon Express CX300 arrows. That oughta stop em!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Spike

all this talk about these heads has made me decide to push my muzzy's aside and give the slick tricks a shot next month when i leave afghanistan. now i just need to decide what new bow to shoot them from.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:43 PM

Leaving Afghanistan to zing some arrows, now THAT sounds like a plan. When you order write on the form I said I would give you a combat discount and pay the shipping.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:01 PM

I've been using Muzzy's for the last 12 or so years and really liked them alot. I think this coming year (deer season) I'm going to give the Slick Tricks a shot. I really like the fact of the all steel ferrule, should be pretty rugged.

Quick Reply: Slick Tricks and Elk?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.