Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Tricks???

Old 08-12-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Slick Tricks???

Hey guys, Im wanting some knowladge about Slick Trick broadheads,, I know theres a search function on here, but Ive never had it find what im looking for,, including now.. Ive always shot 100 gr Muzzys and still have some left, but after reading some good things about the Slick Tricks, Im considering trying them out. Whats everyone think of them? Are they sharp? Durable? Do they fly as well as some claim? I know if my bow is tuned it should shoot any fixed blade head, but are they any better than the Muzzys Ive always used, or should I stick with what has worked for me in the past? Thanks guys.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Slick Tricks???

I went through the same decision. After shooting Muzzy 3 blade 100gr heads from the time I started bowhunting I decided to try the STs. I have yet to kill an animal with them but I am very pleased with sharpness out of the package and flight. I will carry both in my quiver on opening day.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best fixed blade head IMO. No doubt the toughest and most durable. The new blades are scary sharp. I shot two deer and a coon with the same head last year, just re-sharpened it. Excellent accuracy as well.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

i know there were issues on blade sharpness a while ago, but have heard they fixed the problem and are now scary sharp, like YooperMike said. My question is, are you guaranteed to get the new sharp blades in every package of ST's no matter where you buy them? I mean, is there any chance you might get some old ST's where the blades werent as sharp? Sounds like a dumb question but i just wanna make sure before i buy them.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty sure you are going to get the new ones. Not sure if there is a guarantee or not, but with as busy as they were, I would be ex trememly surprised if they didn't sell all of the old ones, since it has been +- a year since the blade switch.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

can any of you guys compare them to Muzzy MX-4's?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

ST are great BH. You will not be disappointed.

I believe I've read in here that MX4 doesn't fly as good as MX3. So I would say ST is much better than MX4. Try shooting both or do a search in here.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

know there were issues on blade sharpness a while ago, but have heard they fixed the problem and are now scary sharp, like YooperMike said. My question is, are you guaranteed to get the new sharp blades in every package of ST's no matter where you buy them?
The old blades haven't been available for two years now. I would think that dealers have either sold out of them or had the blades replaced with new ones.

All of the slick tricksI have inthe store have new blades and are absolutely scarry sharp.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Just curious. Whay makes the slick trick so much better or different than the other short fixed heads?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just curious. Whay makes the slick trick so much better or different than the other short fixed heads?
There are other broadheads that fly just as good but they are either mechanicals or havevery small cutting diameters, or less total cutting ability

there are other broadheads that are just as strong but they have smaller cutting diameters,

there are other broadheads that cut as much or more tissue but they are generallybigger overallheads and don't fly as well or are mechanicals.

I have yet to see another broadhead that combines the strength, flight characteristics, and total cut ability into a single broadhead like the slick tricks do.

Quick Reply: Slick Tricks???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.