Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Good beginner bow? Looking at Nova SU >

Good beginner bow? Looking at Nova SU

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Good beginner bow? Looking at Nova SU

Old 10-12-2006, 01:17 AM

Default Good beginner bow? Looking at Nova SU

Hey guys! I'm realtively new in the archery world, but I'm looking at a good quality starter bow for me to start with. Mainly this bow would be for basic target practice until I could possibly start entering competitions and such. Currently I'm looking at the Nova SU by PSE. It seems to be a decent bow but a tad pricy for my first bow.

I'm about 5' 7", weighing at about 150 pounds so using the set standards, I believe I can draw a 27.5 and do a 50-60 pound draw... Would this be correct?

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2006-PSE-Nova-SU-Pkg/Nova-Synergy-Bow-Package.htm

That's the package I'm looking into buying. Do you guys have any suggestions for a different type of bow? It is a tad pricy, but I am willing to sell a few things to get it. Would a different bow be better for me? And is the package a good deal? Thanks!

Ah yes. Arm Guard... necessary? I'm going to assume yes, cause I just read something about tearing off skin. (Sorry noob here ). Anyways. I'm going to be using a right handed bow. What arm would I need arm guard on?
Old 10-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Good beginner bow? Looking at Nova SU

Go to archeryexperts.com and check out the reflex highlander. Much better bow, a lot less $$$.
I just moved from a PSE beginner bow similar to the Nova to the Highlander and I love it.
Brian