Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
HELP! Whats a good bow for a beginner? >

HELP! Whats a good bow for a beginner?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HELP! Whats a good bow for a beginner?

Old 11-30-2002, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default HELP! Whats a good bow for a beginner?

<font face='Andale Mono'></font id='Andale Mono'> I want to take up bowhunting, but I'm not sure on exactly what would be good for me. I'm almost 16 and about 5'11&quot; if that helps. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11-30-2002, 06:35 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-30-2002, 08:20 PM

Default RE: HELP! Whats a good bow for a beginner?

Hi,
Like JDoyle says go to a reputable pro-shop and don't be afraid to ask them to let you try diferent bows out. There are a lot of package deals out there at good prices and will give you everything you need to get started. Pse, Hoyt, Matthews, Parker and many other companies all have package deals now that will work real well for a beginner. Try to set yourself a price range that is comfortable for you and work from there. Best of Luck to you in searching for that bow.

Archeryman
Old 11-30-2002, 09:34 PM

Default RE: HELP! Whats a good bow for a beginner?

I agree with both post before mine. Must fine a great pro shop that will help you with your needs & let you shoot some bows.

I just started shooting from a long 7 year break. I just bought the Bow Tech Black Night II. I must say that I am more than pleased with my bow. The guys at my pro shop were great, they have all levels of bows. The most important thing is how the bow feels to you. Do you feel confident with it. Shoot as many bows as you can.

From my experience I have found that Bow Tech has been more than helpful on every occasion I have spoken with them. Also they use Winners Choice strings & cables, best in the business. Bow Tech is a class act, they not only back their product, but the pro shops echo their support. Great product, great service, = happy customers.

Good judgment comes from years of bad judgment.