Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need a new sight

Old 09-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default Need a new sight

Anyone have any recommendations on a good hunting sight? I may be looking for one shortly.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need a new sight

I currently have the trophy ridge matrix and like it. Some people don't like the vertical pins, but I have no problem with them. Trophy Ridge has great customer support, too. I twisted a little too hard on the vertical adjustment and broke the part that does the twisting, and emailed them about a replacement...they sent me the entire mounting except the housing! They basically sent an entire new sight with the exception of the housing. Another nice thing is the sights are a no tools need adjusting sight.

I have also been looking at the G5 Optix ME sights. I have a friend who has them and they are really sweet.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want something for all round uselike 3D and hunting then I'd recommend an adjustable sight. Preferably an HHA OL 5000 series (there's a couple). Very rugged, very bright, well protected pin, and lifetime warranty.

I little heavy and pricey, but worth every nickel.

For hunting I use one and set it for 20 or 25 yards depending on the foliage, 30 yards being pretty much a maximum practical distance. And if your bow is shooting at or above 260 fps you don't have to move it when in stand. Any deer inside 30 yards means a mid-body hold and execute the shot.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Sword Apex Twilight Hunter. It's a great sight and the customer service is awesome. I had burnt out the light bulb and they sent an entirely new light!

Here it is:

Here's the link:

http://www.swordacusite.com/products.html#

Old 09-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

R33H, BGFISHER, and MONIE, thanks much. This gives me some sights to look into to. Appreciate the replies!
Dan