Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Moultrie digital 2.1

Old 09-16-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Moultrie digital 2.1

I recently bought this digital deer camera, and i'm having troubles clearing the pictures from the camera, any help would be appreciated thanks
Jeff
Old 09-17-2006, 09:58 PM

Default RE: Moultrie digital 2.1

how do u like it i want one
Old 09-18-2006, 06:41 AM

I own three of those cameras, and they have all been very reliable and take great pics and videos. I am not sure why you are having trouble clearing out the memory. I do not know how you are attempting to clear it. The cams come with an instruction sheet that is very clear and easy to follow, but you may have discarded it. If so, you need the front screen to have the day/time readout showing, then use the up or down buttons to scroll through the prompts. When you get to the erase events heading, press select, press the up or down button to get yes to appear, press select again, and it should read DONE after a second. Then using the up / down button again, go to the erase memory heading, press the select button, press up / or down to get yes to appear, then hit select again, after a second or two it should say done. Thats all there is to it. But you must remember if you are using a SD memory card in it that you must take the memory card out to clear the cameras internal memory. Anytime a SD card is installed it overrides the cameras internal memory. Thats what the camera "sees". With that being said, it is there fore possible for you to use the camera without a SD card, take some pics, Turn it off, insert a SD Card, Turn it on, Takesome more pics ( which read on the SD card ) , Erase the memory of the SD card, but still see pics / events listed on the camera. Hope this helps. Like I said, I have three cams out, each with a 1 GIG SD card, The are capable of holding 1877 pictures each ( on high resolution ) , more on standard resolution, before they are full. Less pics ifyou use the still / video Mode. The video eatsa little more memory. I have rechargable batteries in the cams, and I mounted a 6v solar charger with each one to keep the batteries full. Now I only have to disturb the area maybe once evey week or two ( my preference ), and I still get my pics to see the bucks.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:52 PM

ya i figured it out i was just pressing a wrong button i put it up on the 16th, how long do you usually let it sit before checking it?
Old 09-18-2006, 01:20 PM

It depends on your settings, 1,2,or 3 pic groups, wheather you use the video mode, wheather you are using a memory card in it, and your deer densities. I can leave mine out for 3 days and have 400 pics using a 3 pic group setting. Just remember, the more you go into an area to check it, the more of your scent you are leaving behind. I am checking mine about once a week right now. But with my memory card I can do that. With out a memopry card - and relating to your deer densities, you might fill the memory in one day. It all depends on your set up and your comfort level of entering the area. Good luck and good huning.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:41 PM

I have one also, The only thing I dislike about the camera is the long pic delay it has. A deer can be past the camera before it actually takes the picture
Old 09-19-2006, 11:13 AM

hey just checked my camera it had been out 4 days and the memory was full, i had about 8 pictures of deer, and the rest of nothing any ideas on why there are so many pictures of nothing? thanks
Old 09-19-2006, 01:58 PM

Well you might be using the 3 group setting and when it triggers once it will take 3 pics. Back to back to back. Also, you may have it set up too close to what is triggering the pic, and it is moving through the frame before the pics are taken. Also you might be getting a lot of motion from trees triggering it, birds flying past it triggering it, squirrels, coons, rabbits, anything that might nmove past faster than the trigger shoots the pic. You also might have it set too high or too low. There is a learning curve to using trail cams effectively. Don't panic, look at your pics and learn from them. Try moving the camera closer, or farther back. Higher or lower. Don't set it right up on the spot where you are expecting the deer to appear. Set it on trails or at feeders where the deer are walking , relaxed, not a trail where they may be running through. And Like I said, be aware that they are activated by motion, and a wind blowing tree lims around can make one go off. Good luck and have fun with it.