Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
NAP Spitfire Mechanical Broadheads >

NAP Spitfire Mechanical Broadheads

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

NAP Spitfire Mechanical Broadheads

Old 11-10-2002, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default NAP Spitfire Mechanical Broadheads

I want to switch to these. Has anyone had these not open on impact? I want to know before hand, so I don't lose a deer because of them.
Any info on these good and bad would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2002, 09:56 PM

Default RE: NAP Spitfire Mechanical Broadheads

I have hunted with Spitfire 100 for three years. I love them, have shot 7 deer with 7 pass throughs. My arrow with broadhaed is 440gr. As long as you do not shoot to light of an arrow I think you will like them to.
Old 11-12-2002, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

they are well made heads and work very well. They are slower to open than many other mechanicals, but for the most part all of the field reports I have on them are positive.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 11-14-2002, 07:20 PM

Took my deer three weeks ago, uphill at about 30 yards. Entrance was just above the sternum, punched through into the spine; fractured the and crushed the vertebrea. 125gr Spitfire on a Beaman ICS 400 out of a PSE Nova at 64lbs. Good stuff.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have been using NAP Spitfire broadheads for 5 years and they have performed great for me!
I have taken 3 P&Y whitetail bucks with these and several does and a bunch of turkeys.....they will get the job done!
I have a 28 inch draw length,67lb bow and my total arrow weight is 450 grains....if you put the arrow where it is supposed to be,I think any of the top expandable broadheads will perform well!
Nothing will makeup for bad shot placement,not even a fixed blade!
Old 11-14-2002, 09:34 PM

Got another pass through this week, quartering away 15 yards in towards back of the ribs exited opposite shoulder. Went less than 40 yaeds.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Have used the Spitfires 100gr for the last two years and can't complain. Always seem to be accurate and opens upon impact.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:28 AM

I've used the spitfires for 6 years, have killed 11 deer, 1 axis, 1 blackbuck, several turkeys, rabbits, foxes, and racoons. No complaints here. I did loose 1 buck 2 years ago but it wasn't the broadheads fault (poor shot placement). As long as you place your shot well. I shoot a 400 grain arrow at 280 fps. Try'em you'll like'em.

J. Shoot

Searching
Old 11-24-2002, 09:37 AM

I have tried these and I agree with 5 shot they are slow opening. I also found they penetrated very bad....just my experience and after a couple of actual tests on game. Some people love them and have had great luck, I say try them and see how they work for you. I actually like the NAP shockwave much better. I myself am a big fan of the Reaper/Hammerhead & the demon/steelhead mechanical broadheads. for those who don't know the Reaper & Demon are Golden Keys head that are made for them by Rocket. They are some of the best performing mechanicals I have ever seen.