Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spitfire mechanical broadheads?? >

Spitfire mechanical broadheads??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spitfire mechanical broadheads??

Old 08-23-2004, 11:51 PM

Default Spitfire mechanical broadheads??

Has neone used the Spitfire broadheads b4 i just bought 100 grains and they fly good and are accurate but i wanted to know about their performance on game particurly deer thanks for ne help
Old 08-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spitfire mechanical broadheads??

they are great on deer, A friend that I hunt with and I use them between the 2 of us in the past 3 years of using spitfires we have sucessfully killed 8 whitetails. Out of all the kills the furthest a deer has run after being hit with a spitfire was about 15 yards that was a double lung hit on a doe, the best kill was a shoulder hit on a buck the spitfire went clean through the shoulder blade cut the asophagus in two and put a nice slice through the heart the deer folded up and fell right where it was standing, the next day the same exact broadhead that killed that buck the day before after just cleaning it up a bit it killed a nice doe. The spitfire is an extremely durable mechanical broadhead I will never use anything else. They are also awesome on a turkey.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:02 AM

I have harvested many deer and one bull elk with the spitfire. They work
well as long as you have the KE/Momentum to use them.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its pretty easy to have enough Kinetic energy to make them work properly. My friends bow shoots a little over a 400 grain carbon arrow including the 100 grain spitfire at about 250 fps and his spitfires have never failed to open. I shoot a about a 480 grain aluminum arrow including a 100 grain spitfire at about 240 fps I have never had a spitfire fail to open. I think aslong as you shoot a bow with a draw weight of atleast 40 lbs and a arrow and broad head combined weight of 350 grains should produce more then enough kinetic energy to 40 yards for the spitfire to open and operate properly.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:46 AM

I love Spitfires, I have used them for years and this past season I switched to the three bladed ones with much success! GOOD HUNTING!!! Oh both of these were taken with 'em. The deer, 3 blade model, hog 2 blade model.

Old 08-24-2004, 08:06 AM

I love them!
Old 08-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am a big fan of spit fire..............HOWEVER!! I went to purchase some yesterday and the price was like 15$ jacked up from what they cost last year!!!!!!!!!!![:@][:@][:@] I refuse to pay almost 40$ for three broadheads!!! I love em but i have to go with a different product this year, good luck!
Old 08-24-2004, 10:01 PM

mine costed 29.95 and they r the 3 blde model and i shoot at 60 pound draw weight and they do open thanks for all the replies
Old 08-24-2004, 10:49 PM

Have killed over a dozen whitetail a 550lb bear and countless hogs with them and have had no problems.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Typical Buck

I'm with the crowd! I have taken 4 deer, 2 turkey and a coyote with them and all have gone down quickly. I've never had one fail to open and they fly great for me. The only thing I don't like about them is the price!! They run about 30 bucks for a three-pak around here.[:@]

Quick Reply: Spitfire mechanical broadheads??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.