Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Most Effective Camo Pattern? >

Most Effective Camo Pattern?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Most Effective Camo Pattern?

Old 09-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Most Effective Camo Pattern?

I've had that happen on more than one occassion and in that case, I'd even take Mossy Oak over Fall Grey in a green enviroment.
That's what this stuff is for...

or...

You've also got to remember that the green stuff is really made for humans (and perhaps turkey hunting)... When you turn them black and white (as most people believe how deer see, at least in simplistic terms), they all pretty much look alike. (All being the all the Predator Fall Gray, Fall Brown,and Spring Green patterns...)

You said something about being nailed on the ground; if I could go back and find it, I'd find that pic of the guy who inadvertently walked by his trail cam wearing Fall Gray... Absolutely just melts away for being right out in the open with no cover, and that was a pic taken mere feet away! It's in one of those links I provided earlier...

Old 09-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

I really don't care for the green camo, it looks good to me and my eyes but I don't think it's necessary. Most camos today stay away from the color green, there has to be a reason for that. I suppose most green is gone when we do most of our hunting and I'd hate the thought of spending money on both colors. Greg, are you affiliated with Predator? Your like their spokesman here on this site.

I've worn Predator Fall Brown in the past but it's wore out now, faded. I really liked it and it's hard to find now. I'm not sure about the new stuff. Are there other open patterns like Predator, ASAT and what about that Enigma website?
Old 09-01-2006, 03:16 PM

The problem w/ most camo on the market today is that is made to please the HUNTERS eyes, not to confuse the HUNTED's eyes. Open patterns have very little shelf appeal, but they work incredibly well. I've been a huge fan of ASAT, but I am even more excited to get my Enigma suit I ordered and run it through the trials this fall.

Greg, are you affiliated with Predator?
I've been wondering that lately as well. If so...very cool indeed!
Old 09-01-2006, 05:49 PM

Greg, thanks again for the additional links... you have been a major help...
Old 09-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

You come to my house and open up my storage tubs, you will see what camo I beleive in......Predator.
Just ask Greg, he will tell you that he and I both have a very very bad Predator Addiction, with no rehab in sight.

Ain't that right Greg?
Old 09-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Last year when geting pics of my bull my hunting partner had a predator shirt on. I had dif camo on. His look 3 times better than mine did. This year I will be using fall grey when hunting.

The old fall grey preditor has my vote.

charles
Old 09-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Typical Buck

I like the outfitter camo for ground hunting. Ive been looking into predator also. The outfitter blends like no other in the woods here. You need alot of lighter browns here.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

For early season I use Field and Stream in Advantage Timber pattern. During leaf drop later in the season I use Skylines Horrizon pattern, which is great in the snow, if we ever get some. Both are water proof not to be confused with water resistant!
This is just what I like, doesn't mean it's the best. Also, these are both very warm.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Predator evolution.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another pic