Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best CAmo Pattern?

Old 06-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best CAmo Pattern?

I need to invest in some new camo this year and want to get the best I can find. Looking at the typical stuff in Basspro with all the high def printing makes me feel its designed to fool hunters not game. I have heard good reviews of patterns like ASAT, Predator, Enigma which are all quite odd looking but I'm guessing far more effective at fooling game than a purty set of Real tree or Mossey Oak stuff. So, what do you use and why? The cover I hunt is Ontario so typical Northeastern mixed bush.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best CAmo Pattern?

Here's acouple threads which will have some great info for you, Terry... Irrespective of which pattern you go with, I think you'll find that true hard-core bowhunters prefer the open-concept patterns.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1636332&mpage=1&key=predator%2cc amo&#1636685

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1895324&mpage=1

Old 06-11-2007, 09:56 PM

Greg nailed it. Enigma (check out the new Enigma G2, good stuff), Predator and ASAT are each top shelf patterns.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terry,

Greg's answer is in his Avatar.

There are some pages where people have done picture tests that are helpful, which is probably what you are looking for (people in natural environments at a distance).
I'm surprised that ASAT, Predator, Enigma, don't have more of these pictures. I always see the same old pictures on the internet. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to get a camera, take some good pictures, and post them on the net. Good pictures demonstrating how game would see people up in a treestand or on the ground at a distance will do a lot to sell their product, b/c the open patterns aren't that great looking up close.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:30 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

ASAT all the way...Enigma is copied from ASAT the guy used to work there. If you look at the new Realtree commercials AP for All Pattern pretty close to All Season and the colors are very close to ASAT.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, I ordered a Jacket, 6 pocket pants and headnet in ASAT today. Later this fall when I can save some money I will duplicate it in Predator also.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

TerryM,

Good choice. Only problem is that I've been waiting over 2 months for a long sleeve t on order! They need to kick it up a notch over there. As long as I get it by September I guess I'll be allright.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: RMA

ASAT all the way...Enigma is copied from ASAT the guy used to work there. If you look at the new Realtree commercials AP for All Pattern pretty close to All Season and the colors are very close to ASAT.
You are correct in that Chuck did work for ASAT....but Enigma is not copied from it......The 2 don't even look the same.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed mobow,

Predator, ASAT and Enigma are not copies of each other, but are simply all open patterns. I think they look a lot different from each other when compared to all of the closed patterns (those are sometimes hard to tell apart).
Old 06-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

ENIGMA, ENIGMA, ENIGMA!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Best CAmo Pattern?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.