Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

time 4 new bow

Old 08-24-2006, 10:39 PM

Default time 4 new bow

hello and good hunting to all! my OLD bow is unrepairable so i`ve narrowed my search to the following bows and would like some input from all with a educated opinion on these. my price range is about $500 to $600.
#1 - Bowtech Patriot 2 from Sportsmans Warehouse. No price yet.
#2 - Fred Bear SQ32 (Kit). $599
#3 - Red Head XP35 (Kit). $550
#4 - Reflex Super Slam ZR1000. Bare bow. $500
Old 08-25-2006, 01:06 AM

Default RE: time 4 new bow

I would consider another bow as well, an AR(Archery Research), they are a sister company to PSE and make a great line of bows competively priced. I own an AR31 RAM1/2 and it is awesome. great speed, quiet, little recoil, and the levelest knock travel of any bow on the market. I shot Hoyt, Mathews, Browning, and PSE, and the AR was right there at the top with the big names, for consderablely less money... To look at their line of bows go to www.archeryresearch.com, good luck and good hunting
Old 08-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

Check out the Ross Bow's. Excellent bows. Just as good as the very pricy bows out right now. Very good bow.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:39 PM

I`ve worn myself out getting an education on line as to what kind of bow to buy. I called a bow shop 35 miles away and after talking in depth on different bows i think i`m going with a Hoyt Lazertech. Moderately priced with good reviews. Any input from the knowledge base ofhuntingnet.commembers would be appreciated.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Hoyt Powertec is also reasonably priced and has the exact same limbs ( laminated ) and cams as the Vtec which everybody raved about last year. Check it out also. Another great but often overlooked bow is the Bowtech Tomcat. Amazing brace and Binary cam speed. Well worth looking at.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:39 AM
Typical Buck

You can get some nice switchback '05 models fr sale on ebay for around 500. People wanting to sell a switchback and get an XT
Old 08-27-2006, 01:17 AM
Fork Horn

My archery pro advised me to stay away from Fred Bear because they are made by Jennings, who are supposedly not a good company to deal with if you have problems. That's what my pro told me (and yes, they did sell Fred Bear andJennings bows at this shop).