Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 what is the better arrowrest? >

what is the better arrowrest?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

what is the better arrowrest?

Old 08-17-2006, 05:54 AM

Default what is the better arrowrest?

Would a dropaway rest be better than a wisker bisquit? Or would a whisker bisquit bea better rest for hunting?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: what is the better arrowrest?

Don't even start this argument again......Please! Both are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NUFF SAID!!

Try them both and see what you like thats the only way you
will really know.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not trying to cut you off short but if you'll do a search you should be able to find all you need on the subject.

IMO they both have goods and bads as well as advantages and disadvantagesover each other. Guys that shoot the WB will say it's the best and guys that shoot the fallaway will say it's the best but i agree with ts, they are both great!I've used them both and currently use a fallaway but that doesn't mean it's the best, it simply means it's the best for me. It's really comes down to personal preference.Try both if you can and then choose the one thatyou like best and offers what you're looking for in a rest and chances are that will be the best for you. Good luck.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive shot both, and currently shoot a QAD dropaway, you get the same total containment as the WB but increased consistency and accuracy. I just couldnt justify sacrificing so much speed w. the WB. Its tough to shoot a WB really consistently if your form isnt perfect or your making a difficult shot. The arrow can be torked by your hand easily.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:12 PM

What are you looking for in a rest? A fall away is a great option as is a containment rest. If you hunt deer out of a stand & shoot 30 yards or less then a containment rest can work great, it's also a good choice fora still hunter. If you tend to shoot higher speed setups & shoot at longer ranges the fall away is perfect. All around I like fall aways a lot better buts it's all personal.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

Ive shot both, and currently shoot a QAD dropaway, you get the same total containment as the WB but increased consistency and accuracy. I just couldnt justify sacrificing so much speed w. the WB. Its tough to shoot a WB really consistently if your form isnt perfect or your making a difficult shot. The arrow can be torked by your hand easily.
Same here.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started out shooting a WB and it works great...however, I was going through vanes like there was no tomorrow! I then decided to switch to a drop away and I love it. With no fletching contact, I am not changing my vanes near as much. I have also read some reviews saying that the WB slowes down the arrow speed quite a bit. If you are a "speed-freak", then the drop away may be the better option.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:48 PM

I agree with HuntingEd. Used both and the QAD doesn't hurt your speed. Both are great. I have a very short draw (26")so that's why I went to the QAD.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot both. I recently switched to a drop away and love it. I get more speed, a true flight every time, same total containment, and more consistancy...I see no reason to have a WB anymore. If there are advantages to the WB, I don't know one.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:29 AM

I get zero speed loss with the B-2 whisker biscuit.

Its virtually silent to draw with smooth arrows and silent at the shot too.

I don't have to slice up moleskin to quiet the rest and there are no cords levers, springs, or magnets to set on the biscuit.

I can shoot any configuration of fletch I want off the biscuit. Three fletch, four fletch, six fletch, feathers or vanes, straight or helical all work with the biscuit.

And the best part is when the moment of truth comes the biscuit always works.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>

Quick Reply: what is the better arrowrest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.