Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pearson Pride...

Old 06-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pearson Pride...

Has anybody tried this bow? What do you think? I saw one the other day in the shop and found it interesting. Let me know what you think. I have an old PSE hand me down, but I'm very interested in switching it in.

Thanks,
Old 06-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pearson Pride...

I haven't even seen one.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

I have owned one and loved it. I fell in love with the bio grip a long time ago with my first Pearson, an Anaconda. I then went to a Diamondback VX and that was the best shooting bow I had ever had until I got to a Pride. The Pride was like the Diamondback on steroids!!! I was shooting in the 270's at 66# with a hunting arrow and still had great success with my accuracy. I found the cams to be very easy to tune, and very self explanitory with the marks and such on them. I will tell you that there is a sweet spot with each of these. Once you get it tuned in to the marks, tweak it a little each way until you find the optimum spot for a smooth vibration free shot. All in all the bow was a fast, smooth, accurate, and vibration free rig for me. I did end up selling it this spring and picked up a Pearson Stealth. Never thought I would shoot a straight grip again until I shot this bow!!! All I can say is WOW!!!

If you decide to get a Pride and need some info on it, PM me or check out the Pearson website and go into tech tips for the tuning process. www.benpearson.com You can't go wrong with this bow, very nice!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Pearson Predator VX that I just picked up used on ebay and I LOVE it. Not sure if it is similar to the Pride but in general I've heard great things about Ben Pearson bows and I really like mine - just as much as my Hoyt.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

Just bit the bullet yesterday. After a bit of negotiation with my local bow shop, got a decent deal. Paide a little more than I could if I bought over the internet, but he's agreed to throw in some extra services, tuning, etc... when I need to compensate.

Can't wait for a little time now to just start shooting more.

Cheers,
Old 06-27-2006, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

Thats great!!! If you need any tuning tips go to the tech tips on the Pearson website http://www.benpearson.com/techtiptiming.shtml This is a lot of help for those who have not used the hybrid cam system. Keep us posted!!!