Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Pearson Pride adjustments >

Pearson Pride adjustments

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pearson Pride adjustments

Old 10-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pearson Pride adjustments

Bought a Pearson Pride from Cabelas. My pro shops don't deal Pearson. After talking to the sales guys I wasn't real keen on them setting up my bow so I will take it to the shop and let them but I'm not sure they will know. Are the side bolts on the limb pockets supposed to be loose? Also, where do you attach a wrist sling? I'm guessing on the inside of the Vib-X. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pearson Pride adjustments

Gee. Not many Pearson shooters, eh?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't really know what to say. I see it a lot. You spent how many Hundreds of dollars and don't even know how to adjust the weight? Didn't you get an owner's manual with it? This kind of info should be in there.

In case you don't know it the difference between bow technicians at shops and the average person is that we just get our tools out and do what it takes to get the results. Sometimes we don't actually know what dos what until we try.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the non info. Why did you waste your time posting on this thread. What does how much I spend have to do with knowing how to work on a bow? Yes, I do know how to adjust the weight but I've never had a bow with a pivoting pocket and bolts on the side of it. My guess is you haven't either. No, it did not come with a manual or I probably wouldn't be asking. And as far as a bow tech and the average person, I can do a lot to my bow but some things I'd rather the techs do while I watch. I've taken bows to shops that didn't deal that brand and sometimes there are things that they aren't familiar with. But from your post, I'm sure you knew ALL of this. Have you ever seen a Pearson with the Vib-x? Pretty simple questions to someone who shoots Pearson. If you don't have a clue just pass on by.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have I ever shot a Pearson with Vib-X you ask. Why yes my lad. I was a staff shooter for them for 4 years and in 2003 I repped their products. Damned fine ones at that.

As for passing on by if I don't have a clue. The only reason I'd have a clue about the limb pockets is because I'd take a look and then take an action. That's how I learned about being a bow technician. Me and about 99% of the other people that work on bows. We just learned by doing. These things aren't hard. They are sometimes a little different from bow to bow, but the basic mechanics are all the same.

OK, for simplicity sake. The side bolts lock the limb pockets in place. To adjust the weight just loosen the lock bolt, adjust to the weight you like and then lock it up again. Just like a Hoyt and several other bows.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Typical Buck

BG, thanks for the info. Seems it would have been easier just to tell me that to begin with rather than assume I was an imbecile. I have found if someones not sure of something, ask, rather than make a mistake that could have been avoided. I do quite a bit to my bows other than what requires a press but if I'm not familiar with something I'd rather ask before doing something that might cause damage. I pretty much figured the limb pockets out as far as loosening to adjust, I just wasn't sure if they were supposed to be tightened after adjustment or left loose. Thats all I was asking. And the sling on the Vib-x seemed like it would work better on the back, which is where I put it, but was wondering how others did it. I thought these forums were to ask questions. I appreciate your knowledge and answer but I think you might consider others aren't as experienced as you may be and try to be less condescending. I would have thought there would have been a manual with the bow but this is my 2nd Pearson and neither came with a manual.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, I'll take it easy on ya next time. Just remember . Don't be afraid to play with the bow. That's how ya learn. Now that you mention it I don't ever remember Pearson giving out manuals with their bows.

I had about 5 of their bows from 2000 to 2004. My latest, which is still hanging around and not shot in over a year, is a Freedom. The one I had before that and still my favorite was the 38" Special.

Although I shoot a 32" bow for hunting this year I'm not a short bow fan. I just don't think they are the best choice for people that don't shoot a lot or extra long drawlengths. I like a bow with a bit more A2A length, like about 38".

I'll probably be ordering a new Martin SlayR Extreme by the end of the week. Either that or a ShadowCat Elite target model. I'm having a heck of a time making up my mind. Probably the Cat.

By the way, there is a forum on www.benpearson.com whenever you may need any technical assistance. Another place is www.archerytalk.com. AT has about 32,000 members.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:09 AM

he's right, just loosen the screws to adjust draw weight then tighten them down. Here is a tip I've learned with my pride. Set the draw weight where you want it, tighten your set screws down then back your limb bolts down to set tension against the screws. Your bow will shoot even quieter like that.

If you have any more questions on the Pride just give me a holler.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just for your information I've never laid eyes or hands on a Pearson Pride yet.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The stabilizer goes in the threaded hole in the middle of the Vib-X.
The bolts on the side are there to lock the limbs in place.

Quick Reply: Pearson Pride adjustments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.