Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

NAP Crossfire

Old 05-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NAP Crossfire

Guys,

Some may know I am a big proponent of mechanical heads, however, as I was shooting today I thought I would shoot some fixed blades I had in storage since I just put blazers on my new shafts and wanted to see how well they managed fixed heads. Well, I was shooting nap crossfires 100gr and was absolutely amazed at how well they flew. I mean, I was shooting Gator XPs (mech), which I feel is one of the best flying mechanicals out there and then the crossfires and believe me, they were right on with the gators. I've never had that similar of flight without having to tinker with the fixed blades, aligning them with my fletchings, etc. With absolutely no additional prep, they were dead on, even out to 40 yards. Anyhow, I just wanted to pass that along. I'll continue to practice with them for the summer and just might take them in the woods with me this fall. I hate to break a good string of bucks and does using the Gators, but I was truly amazed. Oh yeah, I guess I should give props to the blazers as well, probably played a big part in stabilizing the arrow.

Kelly
Old 05-26-2006, 04:31 AM
Banned

Default RE: NAP Crossfire

Glad to hear you like them..I have heard they are a great broadhead. Those blazers stabalize my muzzy 3 blades too.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:31 AM

do yourself a favor, buy the nitron's ....dont be put off by the length of the blades...they are wider than they are longer. Bleeds deer like nobodys business.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:36 PM

I shot 2 deer last year behind the shoulder w/mechanical broadheads. Nap spitfires to be exact and dropped them in their tracks. I am now sold on the mechanicals even though I didn't get a pass through penetration on either deer
Old 06-02-2006, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the report. Those smaller fixed blades are bound to fly better than their big brothers. Could be more than that though. You could just be better than you were.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:21 PM

I have had real bad luck with nitrons,i say throw em out,i hit 2 deer 65lb pull 20 yards 29 inch arrows and got noooooooo penetration.I was so ticked off i called the company got my setup checked out at the pro shop,everything was perfect.The nitrons are a joke.Get the slick tricks!