HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NAP Crossfire
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Kelly/KY
Nontypical Buck

Default NAP Crossfire

Guys,

Some may know I am a big proponent of mechanical heads, however, as I was shooting today I thought I would shoot some fixed blades I had in storage since I just put blazers on my new shafts and wanted to see how well they managed fixed heads. Well, I was shooting nap crossfires 100gr and was absolutely amazed at how well they flew. I mean, I was shooting Gator XPs (mech), which I feel is one of the best flying mechanicals out there and then the crossfires and believe me, they were right on with the gators. I've never had that similar of flight without having to tinker with the fixed blades, aligning them with my fletchings, etc. With absolutely no additional prep, they were dead on, even out to 40 yards. Anyhow, I just wanted to pass that along. I'll continue to practice with them for the summer and just might take them in the woods with me this fall. I hate to break a good string of bucks and does using the Gators, but I was truly amazed. Oh yeah, I guess I should give props to the blazers as well, probably played a big part in stabilizing the arrow.

Kelly