Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

NAP Crossfire

Old 12-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NAP Crossfire

Hey folks, can someone give me some input on the NAP Crossfires. The descriptions online aren't that helpful. They say they have "rotating head technology." Does this mean that the blades spin independently of the arrow? Any comments are appreciated, positive or negative. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NAP Crossfire

Yes, the blades spin independantly of the arrow and the rest of the head. Picture a one-piece cartridge with the blades mounted on it that slides over the ferrule of the head and is held in place by the tip, but is allowed to rotate freely as it flies through the air and subsequently through your target.

I haven't shot them yet, but they're on the top of my list of heads to use for next year. HuntingNet.com President, and my boss, Todd Graf started shooting them this year and I've been extremely impressed with their performance on the animals he's taken. 3 deer with them this year, all complete pass through shots, and 2 with them last year. As with all NAP heads the blades are extremely sharp and durable, and from everything I've seen and heard they fly very well.

I'm sure some other people might be able to give you some more detailed info than that, but that's what I know and have seen of them so far.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Justin pretty much summed it up. They are excellent heads, accurate tough and very sharp. They are expensive but they work very well. I would rate them right along side the best heads avalible. Just to clear up a misconseption, the head does not spin in flight, but rather it will rotate once it makes contact with the animal. This spinning motion is supposed to aid with penetration, especially when bone is contacted. I can't say for sure how accurate or valid this is, but I will say I have yet to find anyone that has tried the heads and didn't love how they worked.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you very much guys. I am looking for new heads and those caught my eye. I will definetely have to give them a try.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:50 PM

i shot 4 deer with them last year and one this year penetration was good blood trails were terribleall shots were right where they should be