Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

buying///need help

Old 05-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default buying///need help

Hey guys and gals, Looking for some info, I've been shooting for a couple of yrs now and hunted w/archery gear once...... well due to the fact that the weather is much nicer during the archery season my wife wants to get started. I think she will inherit my old bow and I will look for a slightly used one.
Martin Pantera---65% let off 55-70lbs(w/inserts??)
Parker Hunter Mag II
HCA Ultraforce
Any info on these or directions to where else to look would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone bought from e-bay b4, how reliable are they?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Banned

Default RE: buying///need help

Are you sure she can shoot your old bow? Draw length the same and poundage will work for her? I would doubt this. Anyway I would go to a pro shop to get a bow and that way you see what you are getting and make sure it shoots and feels right for you and her.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

My bow goes is an old Pro-sport WASP. 45-60lbs..... she needs to shoot 45lbs B4 she can hunt anyways and she is the same height as me.....legs longer and shorter torsoe but arm lenght is the same. We have enough adjustment to fit her. Thanx Hardcorehunter for your response and your input...... w/my limited knowledge I think we will go to the local pro shop and see what they say aboutfitting the wife. With a4 month old baby in the house we have limited cash flow..... she has gone out for whitetail B4 during rifle season and comes w/me during muzzleloaderseason (she shoots upland game birds for camp meals) but has yet totake a deer..... we think she would be more comfortable in the archery season due to the extreme cold during other seasons. I still think she should try and take her first whitetail w/ rifle.....just a little easier to hit home I guess. My bow is almost vintage, an upgrade would be nice.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:55 AM
Banned

Try to find some good used bows 3-5 yrs old or newer. Technology really has advanced in the last 3-5 yrs. Used bows depreciate badly and you should be able to get a good deal if look around.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanx again.Once we decide what she needs then do yoiu think its safe to go the ebay route.......the used bows at our pro shop are at least 2-3x the price and have been stripped of accessories.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

E-bay is great. Just make sure the seller has good ratings.