Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Allegiance vs Trykon!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Allegiance vs Trykon!!!

I currently have an "O5"Bowtech Allegiance. It has been a great bow for me and I was wondering what all the fuss is about the Hoyt trykon! Is it faster? Is it smoother? I did not get a chance to make my way to the local pro shop yet, but i sure will! Did anyone get to try the new Bowtech Tribute against the Trykon?

I am writing to see what the community has to say about the comparison between the two. I could not find an IBO for the Trykon on their website. The IBO for the "06" Allegiance is 319-327fps.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Allegiance vs Trykon!!!

I guess I will chime in. I have shot the new Trykon and thought it was nice but I went with an '06 Allegiance because with smooth mods the draw cycle was not as harsh and it was alot faster with an identical setup. Your '05 has similar specs as the '06 with smooth mods. Save your cash for a couple of new stands and more arrows or whatever. These are only my opions.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Banned

There is a reason there is all the fuss....check it out
Old 05-18-2006, 05:49 AM

How do you like the Axis arrows with the blazes? I currently use the Carbon express CXL hunter arrows, they are about 12gpi. What type of broadhead do you shoot with those? I currently use a 3 blade muzzy that flies pritty well but i am looking to get up higher in speed and will need to switch to a mechanical broadhead. I am shooting around 270 fps right now with my current setup. The maxima hunter arrows seem to be a up and coming arrows too.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

I love the Axis arrows with blazersand I shoot slick trick heads with them and some times throw in a Montec or two. These arrows are a good compromise between overall weight and speed. I shoot 400 spine arrows at 9 grs. per inch and an overall weight of 390 grs.This setup out of my Allegiance set at 70# shoots 290 fps with like 72# of k.e.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:00 PM

defender you already know what my set-up does!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

As Bowtech Defender has already said, your 05 Allegiance is a better bow than the Trykon so why spend money to move backwards in performance. Take the extra money and buy some new scentblocker camo gear. The 06 Allegiance has some improvements over the 05 but I would wait for an 07 at this point.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:33 PM

i think which ever one feels better is the better one for you.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your set on getting a new bow, then shoot the trykon, allegiance, tribute, switchback, and switchback XT all back to back. They are all similar specs on these bows and I feel that any archer looking for something with these specs owes it to themselves to shoot all before pulling the trigger.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:52 AM

I have shot both. I liked the Trycon XL a lot. I thought the draw was smooth. With a 29 in dl at 60# with a 300 gr arrow the chrongraph read 290. When I shot the 06 Allegiance with the smoth mods at 60 pounds I laughed at how smoth the draw was. I thought it was smoother than the Pro 40 with the freedom cam I have now. I did not get a chance to put it thru the chronograph but I am sure it is smoking fast.
Rob/pa bowyer had a really in depth review of these a few months back

Quick Reply: Allegiance vs Trykon!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.