Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrow Wraps

Old 04-01-2006, 10:44 PM

Default Arrow Wraps

I want to get some arrow wraps for my arrows but i want to know what looks cool. i would like to shoot blazers too. got any pictures please show. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:34 PM

Default RE: Arrow Wraps

Check out www.bowmanhunter.com I have been using his wraps for a while and really like them. He's currently rebuilding his website, so not all of his wraps are shown. He makes literally thousands of different ones. If you want something custom, absolutely no problem at all. You can also do a search for him on ebay, he has some there he doesn't have on his site.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

go on ebay i just got some and put them on some arrows for a friend of mine. lots of crazy designs the one i got for my friend was yellow and black swirl fade.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

There is another member of this forum who makes great wraps. His user name is PA Hardwoods. His name is Chad. His web page is [email protected] Chad is really a great guy. A few years ago, one of my best hunting buddies and friend's wife was killed when she was hit broadside by a semi. She lest a 35 year old husband with a 4th grade daughter and 6th grade son behind. We were all deveastated. I wanted to do something special for him in her honor. I racked my brain trying to think of something bowhunting related and it finally came to me. I was gonna make him a special dozen arrows. I knew that I had saw someone on here who made arrow wraps. So I posted asking about it and Chad replied immediately. We talked by phone and he agreed to make them . I told him the color scheme that my buddy uses on his arrows, and he came up with 3 or 4 different wraps and e-mailed them to me. My wife and I picked the one that we liked. It was really cool. It was a white green fade with a pic of a deer head on it, with the writing My wife, her name, Forever in my Heart. Then I bought a doz. Gold Tip Realtree Hardwoods shafts and made them up. I prayed before I made them and asked God to let them be the best doz. that I had ever fletched up. He didn't let me down. They turned out perfectly. I went over one night and gave them to my buddy and his kids. Well, there were alot of tears that night. He said that he didn't think that he could shoot them. I Told him to do whatever he wanted, but to promise me that he would at least kill his next deer with one of them. That season, he and his son where hunting together is a buddy stand. His son shot his first deer, a decent little buck. He shot it pretty early, and watched it drop. So they kept hunting. About 5 minutes later a really nice big doe came in , so my buddy couldn't resist and took her. He said that it was so special to kill a deer with his son there right after he killed his first deer, with the special arrow. It all turned out great.
The cool thing is. Chad ( PA Hardwoods) went to all the trouble to do this for me. Then he sent me 2 doz. wraps of the special tribute wraps for my buddy, and made 2 doz. really cool wraps for me. The guy wouldn't take a dime for them. He did it all at no charge. That was so impressive to me. Chad is a great guy. He lives in Pennsylvania and I in Ohio. We said that we were gonna get together and hunt someday. Great guy. Check him out.
Sorry the post was so long. I guess I got to reliving that time.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:07 PM

I cut all my wrap off.They were white cant turkey hunt with that
Old 04-02-2006, 05:28 PM

either tuck your arrows where the turkeys cant see them or lay something camo on top of them
Old 04-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I think that is the coolest one I've seen so far. Very classy. When you have to refletch do you have to remove the wrap? Just out of curiosity why not spray paint them?
Old 04-02-2006, 07:22 PM

Thanks!! I think it's pretty classy myself. Sometimes I have to rewrap them if I need to replace a fletch, and that is the downside to the wraps. I build all of my own arrows, so my fletching jig is set a certain way allowing me to replace a damaged fletch exactly where it was. If I can pull the old one off cleanly enough, I don't change out the wrap. Besides, when the deer sees it coming he doesn't jump up and profess

"Hey! You can't shoot me with that redneck lookin thing!!You go back home and replace that wrap, I'll wait right here!"

I actually did used to spray my arrows. But I ran into some troubles there and didn't particularly like the way they looked. The glue kept melting the paint off and you are pretty limited to the style. I mean, you either have a solid color or a fade from the top or bottom. I suppose you could get more fancy, but I would rather wrap them. As inexpensive as wraps are and as easy as they are to apply and replace, I'll stick with the wraps.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are so many to choose from. You just gotta look and think what you want your arrows to look like when finished! [8D]
Old 04-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Thanks!! I think it's pretty classy myself. Sometimes I have to rewrap them if I need to replace a fletch, and that is the downside to the wraps. I build all of my own arrows, so my fletching jig is set a certain way allowing me to replace a damaged fletch exactly where it was. If I can pull the old one off cleanly enough, I don't change out the wrap. Besides, when the deer sees it coming he doesn't jump up and profess

"Hey! You can't shoot me with that redneck lookin thing!!You go back home and replace that wrap, I'll wait right here!"

I actually did used to spray my arrows. But I ran into some troubles there and didn't particularly like the way they looked. The glue kept melting the paint off and you are pretty limited to the style. I mean, you either have a solid color or a fade from the top or bottom. I suppose you could get more fancy, but I would rather wrap them. As inexpensive as wraps are and as easy as they are to apply and replace, I'll stick with the wraps.
Mo, know what you are saying about rewrapping when have to change fletch. I do about 8 arrows, 4 for practice and 4 for hunting. Since my WB roughs up the feathers after months of practice and being shot tons of time, I take the ones from hunting and use them for practice, then take the practice ones and strip feathers, clean shaft, re-wrap, re-fletch, then I have a set of arrows for hunting next season. Of course, varify they fly like the others, and I am all set for another season! [8D]

Quick Reply: Arrow Wraps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.