Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrow Wraps

Old 04-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow Wraps

Would it be ok to put on a wrap below the fletch, or does the wrap have to go from the nock down. The reason I ask is because I have some new arrows, but they are already fletched and I don't really want to strip the fletch off. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lte_622

either tuck your arrows where the turkeys cant see them or lay something camo on top of them
lte- He's not worried about the turkeys seeing the white fletching. You shouldn't display anything red, white, or blue when in the turkey woods. It might be an invitation to a load of #4 shot coming your way as these are the predominant colors of a Tom's head.

Old 04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Would it be ok to put on a wrap below the fletch, or does the wrap have to go from the nock down. The reason I ask is because I have some new arrows, but they are already fletched and I don't really want to strip the fletch off. Thanks for the info.
You could put a wrap on below the fletch, don't know how t would look though. Besides making the arrow look nice, it also makes it easier to refletch because when you ruin one vane, all you have to do is peel off the whole wrap and not have to deal with scraping off the glue. The down side to that is you have to replace all the vanes even if only one was damaged.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:26 PM

JLMOORE, I do the same, only the other way round. I use my scarred wraps for hunting and my good ones for target. That way I also get to show them off...

RIstrutstopper......it's not quite that easy, but it's not hard either. There is still some glue residue to remove, but a little soak in alcohol takes care of it.

I wouldn't put them on that low, they look goofy. Also puts more weight in the center of the arrow.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

JLMOORE, I do the same, only the other way round. I use my scarred wraps for hunting and my good ones for target. That way I also get to show them off...
mobow, after a season of practice through the WB, I have to refletch anyway, so why not use them for hunting. Of course, something I learned in Germany was true respect for the game I pursue, call it a little quirk, but if I am gonna harvest a deer, turkey, or other, I want everything to be its best out of respect! [8D]
Old 04-04-2006, 08:03 AM

how did you design that wrap for it to be custom made.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:16 PM

It's not custom. It's a stock pattern for him. Just let him know what color fade and accent stripes you want.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:17 PM

go to [link]http://www.carolinafalls.com[/link] for cheap arrow wraps only bad thing is that they only sell solids
Old 04-04-2006, 04:00 PM

What if i want my arrow to fade from white at the top to green at the bottom how would i tell him i want to do that. like i can't draw it at all that is too hard. But i also want some stripes on it too.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:18 PM

PM sent, and you would just install the wrap with the green down. The way the wrap is made is the same. White to green or green to white, same wrap just invert it.

Quick Reply: Arrow Wraps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.