HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow Wraps
Thread: Arrow Wraps
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Proff
Typical Buck

Default RE: Arrow Wraps

There is another member of this forum who makes great wraps. His user name is PA Hardwoods. His name is Chad. His web page is [email protected] Chad is really a great guy. A few years ago, one of my best hunting buddies and friend's wife was killed when she was hit broadside by a semi. She lest a 35 year old husband with a 4th grade daughter and 6th grade son behind. We were all deveastated. I wanted to do something special for him in her honor. I racked my brain trying to think of something bowhunting related and it finally came to me. I was gonna make him a special dozen arrows. I knew that I had saw someone on here who made arrow wraps. So I posted asking about it and Chad replied immediately. We talked by phone and he agreed to make them . I told him the color scheme that my buddy uses on his arrows, and he came up with 3 or 4 different wraps and e-mailed them to me. My wife and I picked the one that we liked. It was really cool. It was a white green fade with a pic of a deer head on it, with the writing My wife, her name, Forever in my Heart. Then I bought a doz. Gold Tip Realtree Hardwoods shafts and made them up. I prayed before I made them and asked God to let them be the best doz. that I had ever fletched up. He didn't let me down. They turned out perfectly. I went over one night and gave them to my buddy and his kids. Well, there were alot of tears that night. He said that he didn't think that he could shoot them. I Told him to do whatever he wanted, but to promise me that he would at least kill his next deer with one of them. That season, he and his son where hunting together is a buddy stand. His son shot his first deer, a decent little buck. He shot it pretty early, and watched it drop. So they kept hunting. About 5 minutes later a really nice big doe came in , so my buddy couldn't resist and took her. He said that it was so special to kill a deer with his son there right after he killed his first deer, with the special arrow. It all turned out great.
The cool thing is. Chad ( PA Hardwoods) went to all the trouble to do this for me. Then he sent me 2 doz. wraps of the special tribute wraps for my buddy, and made 2 doz. really cool wraps for me. The guy wouldn't take a dime for them. He did it all at no charge. That was so impressive to me. Chad is a great guy. He lives in Pennsylvania and I in Ohio. We said that we were gonna get together and hunt someday. Great guy. Check him out.
Sorry the post was so long. I guess I got to reliving that time.