HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow Wraps
Thread: Arrow Wraps
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 10:48 PM
JLmoore1956
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow Wraps

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Thanks!! I think it's pretty classy myself. Sometimes I have to rewrap them if I need to replace a fletch, and that is the downside to the wraps. I build all of my own arrows, so my fletching jig is set a certain way allowing me to replace a damaged fletch exactly where it was. If I can pull the old one off cleanly enough, I don't change out the wrap. Besides, when the deer sees it coming he doesn't jump up and profess

"Hey! You can't shoot me with that redneck lookin thing!!You go back home and replace that wrap, I'll wait right here!"

I actually did used to spray my arrows. But I ran into some troubles there and didn't particularly like the way they looked. The glue kept melting the paint off and you are pretty limited to the style. I mean, you either have a solid color or a fade from the top or bottom. I suppose you could get more fancy, but I would rather wrap them. As inexpensive as wraps are and as easy as they are to apply and replace, I'll stick with the wraps.
Mo, know what you are saying about rewrapping when have to change fletch. I do about 8 arrows, 4 for practice and 4 for hunting. Since my WB roughs up the feathers after months of practice and being shot tons of time, I take the ones from hunting and use them for practice, then take the practice ones and strip feathers, clean shaft, re-wrap, re-fletch, then I have a set of arrows for hunting next season. Of course, varify they fly like the others, and I am all set for another season! [8D]