Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Crimson Talon

Old 12-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Crimson Talon

Any feedback on the broadheads? I have shot these the last 2 years and have had pretty good success with them. To me though, they are a one shot broadhead. They seem to bend very easily, even when in your quiver and you put them in and out. The blades seem very thin compared to Muzzy's.

I will have to say that I like them because I don't have to resight in my bow when I use these. You can't really use them to practice either because they don't have a practice blade and you would bend the hunting broadhead to hell.

The Muzzy's were about 4 inches low and right. That was with the AR. I haven't tried them in the Switchback. It may be worth going back and trying them out because I never had an issue with a Muzzy, whether it was deer, bear, or boar.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:30 PM

Default RE: Crimson Talon

I have heard that the Crimson Talons break easily. I will stick with my Muzzys.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:41 PM

There is a certain way that you have to pull them out is what I heard. Something about you have to twist them as you pull them out or something like that. They are bit too expensive for me though. I think that I am going to try the new Muzzy MX-4. They look a little stouter than the regular Muzzy 4-blade.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gut Check!

i can actually help you here i would definately stick with muzzys and i shoot the three blade and ill tell you something that helps my accuracy with them (but it wont help with 4 blades) I use alumminum arrows so when i get the broadheads or new arrows i put them on and then heat up the glue inside the shaft that is holding the insert in and turn the broadhead to it lines up with my fletchings. Works for me
Old 01-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Better heads on the market IMHO. Wasp, Muzzy, Thunderhead to name a few.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/TUNING.html
Follow my link to learn how to tune your bow, then you should be able to shoot most any head with good accuracy. CT heads will get the job done, but the cost twice as much as most other brands and are only half as durable.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

have you tried the MONTEC G-5 ? they fly good for me no sight adjustment.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

No, I haven't tried those yet. I have been shooting the CT for 2 seasons now. Last year I didn't hunt much since I got married.

I have only shot Muzzy's, Thunderheads, and Spitfires. I couldn't get the TH's to fly accurate with my old bow, the Muzzy's were OK and only needed minor adjustments, and I didn't really trust the Spitfires after a couple of issueswith pass through.