Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 which to use? Crimson Talon or Crimson talon hyper-speeds ? >

which to use? Crimson Talon or Crimson talon hyper-speeds ?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

which to use? Crimson Talon or Crimson talon hyper-speeds ?

Old 07-16-2007, 09:15 PM

Default which to use? Crimson Talon or Crimson talon hyper-speeds ?

Hmm , i have both the hyper-speeds and the regular talons but i think im gonna use the hyper-speed for my crossbow and put the talons on my regular bow ,but i hope the talons or even the hyper-speeds fly the same way as the fletchings. Either way these are Awesome tips and i would rather set up the fletchings to match the tips than to switch tips , want to see proof of how well they work ? go to www.spintite.comyou cant miss the blood trail .
Old 07-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: which to use? Crimson Talon or Crimson talon hyper-speeds ?

Throw them in the trash and buy some Slick Tricks.
I have both talons and the Hyper speeds, they look cool, the video looks cool but the broad heads fly like wounded crows.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:44 PM

was the fletchings on ur arrow right ? mine are good and they shoot strait . ive had no problems with them so far
Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know what you mean by right, but I would have to answer yes.
My comment was based on a comparison, I will run 3 slicks then 3 Talons then 3 talon XT's (also a few others) and drive them into a target for a few hours. The Talons had a tendency of wandering away around 30 yards and would require me to completely change the adjustments in my scope. I can take practice tips and drop one arrow in the target (30-40 yards)then use that as my center, the slicks just keep sheering off vanes while the talons seem to have a mind of their own. Once I set my scope up to shoot the talons straight they shoot OK, but still nothing even close to what I am getting from the Slicks.
They are OK as far as broadheads go, they shoot very similar to the Wasps I shoot with.. I hunt everything that is legal and will not hesitate at arabbit at 40 yards with a slick but with the talons I have to sneak a bit closer.. Not to mention the set up in between.
I had an extensive conversation with the talon guys, they seem to know what they are doing, but I prefer to unscrew a practice point, screw on a broadhead and go find something to shoot. I get all bent out of shape when I have to take the caps off my scope to shoot straight.
When I first got the Talons they flew perfect, all three of them, but since then I just don't have the faith I need to release the arrow.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Mossy, I shot the raptors last year. I used the spitfires the year before. I shot a doe for the meat late in the season last year with the raptor head. I'm sure it opened on release from my ten point elite bow. It did hit her where I aimed it, but the head was destroyed on impact with the ground after exiting the deer. The doe only went 30 yards and the blood trail was horribly gory. I might as well have used a rage 2" head or exploding broadhead to see that much blood. Way overkill IMO.
Oh, the raptors are crimson raptor BTW. I be going back to the spitfires this year for sure. Very dependible broadhead.
BBO