Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

NAP Crossfire Review

Old 10-07-2005, 12:52 AM

Default NAP Crossfire Review

I had a chance to try out the NAP Crossfires on opening day here in PA. Had a Doe, about 35 yards, that stayed around 1 sec. too long. The deer was quartered slightly toward me. Arrow went through the shoulder bone/blade, and continued it's journey through the boiler room. Did not pass completely through (I didn't expect it to with what it went through at that distance), but ended up in the opposite far rib. Head still works like new, and still sharp as a razor. I would highly recommend these heads. They are a little $$$, but i can't complain. They fly like a dream from my bow (shooting around 300fps), and they got the job done. Deer went 35 yds.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: NAP Crossfire Review

How do they compare to the NAP Nitrons?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tried them last year and they dropped like rocks (8" lower at 20 yards). Every other broadhead and my field points shot fine. The shop owner could not explain it and took them back. I was thinking it was a tuning issue but we tried 5 other heads and they all flew great. I think they look great and I wish they would have worked from my bow. Glad to hear they preformed so well.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:23 AM

Im glad they worked for you.. I couldnt hit squat with them
Old 10-07-2005, 01:56 PM

From what I have seen of the Crossfire (my best friend uses them), I am incredibly impressed and I will probablly be shooting them next year. The Crossfires shoot like darts out of his bow and group exactly with his field points (the bow needs to be properly tuned) and they did great on the huge bodied buck he shot with it last year, full pass thru and stuck over a foot into the hard ground on the otherside of him. In my opinion this is probablly the best fixed blade head I have seen so far. It is tougher than the Thunderheads, is sharper than G5 Montecs, and it shoots better than Muzzy's.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

tried them last year and they dropped like rocks (8" lower at 20 yards).
Any clue as to why? Do you think you just got a bad production set or was it something specific with your setup?
Old 10-10-2005, 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

tried them last year and they dropped like rocks (8" lower at 20 yards).
Any clue as to why? Do you think you just got a bad production set or was it something specific with your setup?
I was wondering the same.I have no accuracy problems with them at all. Shot right with my field points. TheONLY thing i don't like about them is the fact that they don't give you a cartridge to practice with, so you have to use a$11 head to shoot foam. O well, i guess i have a practice head now.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,
I never did find out why. Maybe it was just a bad batch like you said. I did shoot several different heads that worked great. I used Rocky Mountain last year. This year I am shooting Slick Tricks and they too are shooting right with the field points. I have not done anything to the bow since last year. Was a bad year getting divorced and all. I will be replacing cables this winter so I will have to retune everything. Sorry I can't be of more help to you as to what the problem was. I sure would like to know myself. I think they look like a real nice head. Just didn't fly from my setup.