Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Need Help with a Pendulum, I am shooting high >

Need Help with a Pendulum, I am shooting high

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need Help with a Pendulum, I am shooting high

Old 10-05-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Need Help with a Pendulum, I am shooting high

All,

I shoot a Savage Pendulum, Matthes Legacy with 31.5" draw, 125gr broadheads.

I have shot 2 deer with the sight, recovered neither as I shot too high when aiming behind the shoulder. Both shots were at 20' in the tree shooting down at 25 yards. I tend to shoot high.

Anyone have any insight? I plan on aiming lower from now on, but I don't know if this is just compensating for a bad technique, setup or ?

Thanks,
Old 10-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need Help with a Pendulum, I am shooting high

What range did you shoot it from on the ground when sighting it in?I would sight it from at around 23-25yds on the ground.Did you ever shoot from a tree at practice?Also are you 100% sure the deer didn't jump the string?If it still shoots high from the tree then shoot it from the tree when sighting it in.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:16 PM

i found that when i sited my mantis hunter in a 25yrd it shoot REAL high in the stand,,so i sighted in at 20 and i am only a couple inches from under my stand out to prolly 10yrd about right on form 15 to 20 and i shoot low at 25yrds,,but this is with a 60# at 30in with 2315's and 100grn point,,,but i would site in at a closer yardage and then shoot from a tree stand or elevated plaform to see if that fixed the problem,,just my .10

Old 10-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shooting high from an elevated position is usually cause by poor shooting form.This is what happens to many people.To do it right you draw the bow like on level ground and then bend at the waist to aim the bow, keeping the upper body in it's original "T" position. If you learn to do this you'll probably find that a fixed pin sight has almost identical results to the pendelum.