Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Trophy Ridge Manitis hunter v-drive >

Trophy Ridge Manitis hunter v-drive

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Ridge Manitis hunter v-drive

Old 09-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Trophy Ridge Manitis hunter v-drive

Im thinking about getin one and i wanted to know if anyone has one or ever used one. I want to know if its a good sight. And on the yellow part do you put tape or something to make range marks. Heres a pic.

Old 09-28-2005, 07:55 PM

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Manitis hunter v-drive

Gobbleblaster,

I am using this for the first time this year and I love it!! You mark your yardage on the yellow tape side. To use the pendulum sight, you zero in the sight at 25yds and set the pin to this mark when you release the pendulum. Very easy!!!

Just be sure that you purchase the latest model. I purchased one at Cabela's, and when I had it installed on my Bowtech,I was told that the older models had problems with vibrations misaligning the setup. I exchanged itfor the latest model. The newest modelcorrects this problem. I have noticed no problems yet.

Good Luck!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:02 PM

love mine and i have the guide series !!! shot a caribou on it so far this year and taking it out for deer season in 2 weeks..... set it up for about 25 yards and your set for the pend..... works great!!!![8D][8D]
Old 10-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quality sight that will last you a long time.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Spike

I switched to this sight this year from a Savage pendulum, because of it's versatility.
It's very well built, but a couple of minor things annoyed me.

The first is that they didn't include screws to attach your quiver and I had to make a special trip to the hardware store.

The second is that when I'm ready to 'uncage' it to use as a pendulum, that it sticks to the rubber backing bumper just a little, but just takes a little nudge to free it up and it works great after that. (you just have to remember to nudge it) :-\

As far as the yellow tape goes on the side, yes that is where you mark off your yardage. I elected to cut a thin strip of masking tape and placed it over the yellow strip only until I am absolutley sure that I have it sighted in the way I want.

It's a quality sight, the fiber optics are bright and it's well built. I would