Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 cut-on-impact broadheads??? >

cut-on-impact broadheads???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

cut-on-impact broadheads???

Old 08-31-2005, 02:24 PM

Default cut-on-impact broadheads???

In the past, I have shot the Muzzy 3 blade 100 gr. I am thinking about switching to a cut-on-impact. Does anybody know pros and cons of each and which cut-on-impact you would recommend?
Old 08-31-2005, 07:59 PM

Default RE: cut-on-impact broadheads???

2 words. Magnus. Stinger. These are the most wicked things I have seen in a long time. I am an x-Muzzy shooter, and I really like them, but the Stinger is OHHHHHHHHHHH so much better.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

A tip like a Muzzy will break up bone better and create a larger hole in that bone for the blades to follow through thus saving the blades for the insides and creating a hole for the arrow to follow with minimal friction. A cut to tip will have to slice through the bone which does not create a broken up hole which in turn creates more friction on the shaft of the arrow and slows penetration.

Now, if no bones or just a rib are hit the cut to tip will have an easier time getting through the soft tissue inside the animal. Where an arrow will have to use its energy pushing a muzzy style tip through the soft tissue a cut to the tip will effortlessly slice right through.

It's a trade off.

Shooting through a whitetail deer it really does not matter. It does not take all that much to get through one. Shoot which ever one flys the best for you.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:22 PM

montec G5 , best I've used yet.....
Old 09-01-2005, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

The NAP Razorbak are outstanding. I shoot the Thunderheads for deer and Razorbak's for turkey. Both are very durable and extremely deadly.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

It really depends on what your looking for from the head. There are lot's off good choices and you have to do your research to figure out which is best for you. You can check out my website for a bunch of differnt reviews of the various cut on contact heads and then decide what you want.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:59 PM

I agree with 5 shot you have too do the research with the different style heads I have tryed a few the best flying one i tryed was the nap razorback the main blade has to be in the 12 oclock, 6 oclock position.. were it fell dead on out to 50 yards shot a couple deerwith it made a big hole.curious if anyone tryed the new wasp sharpeshooter head yet?