Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Open on impact broadheads >

Open on impact broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Open on impact broadheads

Old 06-16-2005, 07:48 AM

Default Open on impact broadheads

What is everyone using i am thinking about giving them a try this year i am looking at the spitfires or the Hypershocks and info would be great.
Thanksalot
Old 06-16-2005, 08:29 AM

Default RE: Open on impact broadheads

Spitfires are good. I use gamegetters, and I would also suggest the first cut exp by gamegetter
Old 06-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Or you could just buy yourself some slick tricks and get the best of both worlds.

A broadhead that will fly as good or better than any mechanical out there and four fixed blades that won't fail and make big holes going in as well as out the other side.

www.slicktrick.net
Old 06-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have always been and will probably always be a fan of the Rocket Steelheads. Their relatively short ferrule and cutting diameter provide excellent penetration while managing to provide an impressive blood trail on just about every animal I have ever shot with them. Their accuracy is also superb out of just about any setup I have used them with.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:28 AM

You will love the HyperShock it work awesome. www.aftershockarchery.com

If you think for 1 sec. that a Slick Trickshoots asaccuracyas aHyperShock your crazy.

No even possible Not even close. That kind of talk is crazy.
No other broadhead out will try to compete with the HyperShock on accuracy.

AfterShock uses the most advanced archery-shooting machine in the industry to test on.
Just look at the x-ring machine at Pro Release test center.
www.prorelease.com look at the x-ring machine.
If you can shoot better then that you have the right to say the Slick Trick is more accurate.

If you can’t let the arrows speak!
Old 06-17-2005, 09:42 AM

I am a huge fan of Rocket Steelheads. I have shot them for several years and had no problems with them. It is also very easy to replace the blades so you can shoot em' up right before opening day, replace the blades and be ready to roll. I have killed numerous deer with them and each have dropped in very short distances....with well placed shots of course.

I highly recommend them and am very confident that you would be pleased with their performance.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:31 AM

I'm not say that there are no better out there but the Vortex is bad to the bone. Me and my hunting buddy have been using these for about 5 years now and they do some damage. i started off using the 125 grain and have since gone to the 100's, with 2 1/4" cut theydo their job.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

I use the Rocky Mountain Snyper 2 Blade and WOW, the entrance hole was huge and the blood trail was one of the best I have ever had. There are a lot of good heads out there, glad to see you have narrowed it down to two.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spitfire damage, sharply quartering away shot.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you think for 1 sec. that a Slick Trickshoots asaccuracyas aHyperShock your crazy.

No even possible Not even close. That kind of talk is crazy.
No other broadhead out will try to compete with the HyperShock on accuracy.

I can't speak for the accuracy of the Hypershock but the Slick Tricks I shot the other day shot exactly with my field points out to 35 yards. I'm not really sure I could ask for much more.

Quick Reply: Open on impact broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.