Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

carbon tech cheetahs

Old 08-12-2005, 05:38 PM

Default carbon tech cheetahs

Does anyone in here shoot these or have ever tried them? What are your thoughts on them?
Old 08-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: carbon tech cheetahs

I haven't tried them myself but the tech. forum's arrow guru had very high praise for the carbon tech arrows a few months ago. I believe he found them very consistant for spine, weight and straightness. Do a little search of that forum if you have the time.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got some from a friend who thought they were overspined for his bow. They should be overspined for mine too, but they shoot so well I really don't care. I did check them on my homemade spine tester. They were much more consistent than my other carbons, but not as good as ACCs. They still shoot very well, as well as the ACCs for me. I guess my shooting ability is not good enough to tell the difference. They shoot broadheads spot on with my field points out to 40 yards, and well enough that I'm taking a risk by shooting 2 at the same spot. (Havent destroyed any arrows, but have had to refletch.) The ones I have are only the Cheetah hunters, not the better grade ones. These are the only .006 carbons I've had where is seems all 12 shoot well. I guess you can tell I'm impressed. I originally was going to sell these 55-80s and get either 45-70s or CT Whitetails. I just can't see getting rid of them the way they shoot.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot Carbon Tech over the summer. Whitetail CTs. I got them because of the strict specs I read about. I felt like they shot good. The downside for me was how fragile they were. I bounced two off of a broadhead target and both split the nock end of the arrow. I shot one into wood and it too split the nock end of the arrow. Compared to some of the carbons I have shot in the past I found them to be rather frail in the durability department.