Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Impressed w/ Blazers

Old 07-31-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Impressed w/ Blazers

Well I had four arrows that needed refletching and stopped by the proshop last night and picked up some of the Blazer 2.5''vanes to try out and I must say I am very impressed. You know how alot of products come and go claiming to produce fabulous results but often times fall short? Well not the case here!!! I fletched the Blazers on last night and got up early this morning to give them a try. WOW!!!My40yd.groups have shrunk and now look like my 20yd. groups. They seem to be quieter also and much more durable and at the same time I was able to shave 6 grains off each arrow. Only thing I could see that could be a problem would be clearance. Which is not a issue w/ my setup since I shoot a drop-away but the fletching are a little taller and might be a issue with some TM style rests. Just wanted to pass along my good results out of this product so that others might be able to benefit from them. My brother has been shooting the Quikspins and for less money and less added weight to his arrow I am going to recommend the Blazers to him as well.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Impressed w/ Blazers

I'm glad to hear the great result's with the Blazer's,I have 6 Easton Axis's 340's fletched with the blazer's but I've yet to try them out .I 'll give them a try tomorrow I hope and see just how well they shoot .If they shoot as well as you've found I'll fletch up the rest of my arrow's with them as well,I must say that the blazer's look awsome so if they fly as well as they look then that will be great .

nubo
Old 08-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

As much as I love feathers I have also decided to give the blazers a try.

I got six arrows fletched up with four 3" feathers and six fletched up with four blazers. Both on a right helical. If they shoot as good as my beloved feathers I may just have to switch back to plastic.[&:]

I must say that four white blazers on a white crest does look good.

We shall see.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:21 PM

I use 'em and luv 'em. My groups are much smaller. Here is a pic of two that I made up as test arrows to try 3 fletch versus 4 fletch. I just couldn't get the 4 fletched arrows to clear my rest so I made the rest of them with 3. I like the wraps and yellow Blazers.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:16 AM

I had three fletched myself to try them out. Shot them yesterday and was really impressed. They seem faster and I know for a fact the are more accurate than my 4" plastic vanes. I need to match a broadhead to them now.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the blazers also and I shoot with a TR drop away, BUT I have found that I do have vane contact at the rest if I have a vane directly down. So now I have to have a cock vane up, otherwise Ihave contact isuues.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:52 PM

I'm glad that so many of you have had such great results w/ the Blazers. Like I said there are so many products that claim results that fall short, but I was just really impressed w/ the Blazers. Are some of you that are shooting them now going to continue shooting them thru hunting season? The reason I ask is that I have heard several people at the shop that use the Blazers saying great things about them but are saying they are still going to shoot their 4'' fletching come season. I am going to stick w/ the Blazers thru the season and don't understand why if you were having such good results w/ them why you would switch back.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:09 PM

That makes absolutely no sense to me. If you get your quipment setup and shooting well, why change it? I used Blazers all last season without any problems at all. I will continue to use them year round until something better comes out.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:37 PM

I switched to them this year and will definitly keep shooting them. They fly great.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

"I switched to them this year and will definitly keep shooting them. They fly great."

DITTO!!!!