Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bowmaster portable press >

Bowmaster portable press

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowmaster portable press

Old 05-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowmaster portable press

Does anybody use this device? I was looking at one in Basspro and it seemed fairly simple put I wondered about the the stops that were clamped on the cable. It seems to me if ever one let go it would get real interesting. Also do these portable presses ever harm a limb? If I get some good feedback I will likely pick one up as a bench one just does not make sense for the use I would get out of it but would like the option of doing some tweaking myself.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowmaster portable press

I've got one and I'm real happy with it. But use the little leather squares that come with it. They go between the cables/ends and the limbs. I haven't had any damage from mine on any of my bows.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you have a split limb bow then you'll need the adaptors for it. If you have a solid limb bow I still recommend the adaptors. You have the ability to work on either typw and you don't have to mess with the little leather tabs to prtect the limbs.

As for the stops pulling loose? A couple years ago they had a few that this did happen with, but corrected the problem. I'm on my second one and have had no issues with it. It's really handy for me because I do most of my adjusting at the outside range at my club. It's probably the most portable you're going to find.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:38 PM

Got one and it does just fine
Old 06-22-2005, 08:11 AM

I looked at quite a few and decided to go with the Ratchet Lock press and all I can say is one thing "SIMPLE" its easy to use on any bow including parallel limb and split limbs with no adapters ! Its a little more money, but as I am sure you have learned in bowhunting and life you get what you pay for. They have a website and Cabelas sells it as well.